Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having issues with remote start through the Car-Net app on my 2021 SEL Premium. Remote start/stop functions work fine with the key fob (well, minus the crappy range). The app will not allow me to remote start- I receive the notification "failed to get your paired devices." I can remote start using my key fob, and then remote STOP using the app, so the error message I'm receiving doesn't make sense. All other functions in the app work. I purchased this car brand new 3 weeks ago and was able to use remote start through the Car-Net app until this week. I'm not positive the last time I used remote start through the app, but I'm pretty sure it was last week. Any ideas how to fix this? I've signed out and back in, deleted the app and re-downloaded, disconnected my phone from my Atlas and re-connected. I can't find any info online around this issue and I would rather pull all of my teeth than make a phone call to Car-Net.

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I had a problem via the APP, it was because of a CEL code. Of there are any codes, it won't remote start from the APP. Not sure about the fob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got a beautiful Aurora Red 2020 Atlas Cross Sport SEL R-LIne Oct. 9th 2020. While lovely to look at, she is missing her brains. The Sirius XM radio never worked, despite hours of calls and resets with Sirius. The Car-net worked for the first week or so, then nada. Seems to need an update but the car's computer isn't receiving input (not functioning-no green light between buttons) per Car-net tech. Also, navigation seemed to work upon initiation, but hasn't accurately reflected car's location since Day 2. Kinda funny to see where in the world she thinks we are each AM, but I thought she'd reset. Finally had enough when the Car-Net remote start won't work, as the keyfob remote start range is pathetically short (UNLESS you purchase 'enhanced' remote start-wth?!) and the November temps in Upstate NY are beginning to drop. Plus, the VW blue tooth voice isn't working; I can hear the callers but they cannot hear me no matter what I try. So went to the dealer. The car isn't throwing any errors, but the tech verified all that I said. So they had to call VW tech support who said to try a new computer. Hopefully arrives in 4-6 days. Also, they are replacing the rear window, as the defroster was unable to clear steamed window. Defroster hadn't been 'set' upon manufacture. Hopefully this gets all the bugs out...really want to enjoy this beautiful car without qualifiers!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to the Atlas world where you get a week or 2 of a trouble free car. 2 months in and mine has been in the shop going on 3 weeks. 2021 SEL Premium. First problems were 2 weeks in. I hope the best for you but already waiting on one more shot or another week and a half for lemon law.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am having issues with remote start through the Car-Net app on my 2021 SEL Premium. Remote start/stop functions work fine with the key fob (well, minus the crappy range). The app will not allow me to remote start- I receive the notification "failed to get your paired devices." I can remote start using my key fob, and then remote STOP using the app, so the error message I'm receiving doesn't make sense. All other functions in the app work. I purchased this car brand new 3 weeks ago and was able to use remote start through the Car-Net app until this week. I'm not positive the last time I used remote start through the app, but I'm pretty sure it was last week. Any ideas how to fix this? I've signed out and back in, deleted the app and re-downloaded, disconnected my phone from my Atlas and re-connected. I can't find any info online around this issue and I would rather pull all of my teeth than make a phone call to Car-Net.
I have same problem with my 3 day old ACSelPrem, what’s the answer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have same problem with my 3 day old ACSelPrem, what’s the answer?
Honestly, I have no idea. I let a couple weeks or so pass and it began working once again and I've not had any problems since. It's the strangest thing!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2020 Cross Sport I bought on March 4, 2020. The remote start worked flawlessly until about 6 weeks ago. The fob will still start the car but the app will not. The app works to lock and unlock and also turn the car off. I removed the app and reinstalled but that didn't help. This is very frustrating.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Note that the car has been to the VW Repair Shop and they are replacing a relay within the fuel tank. this will fix my problem.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome to the Atlas world where you get a week or 2 of a trouble free car. 2 months in and mine has been in the shop going on 3 weeks. 2021 SEL Premium. First problems were 2 weeks in. I hope the best for you but already waiting on one more shot or another week and a half for lemon law.
Only had mine 3 days before it was shop bound because remote start had a fault and it required a new part on fuel tank / relay fault.
This really sucks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you resolved your connection issue yet?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Have you resolved your connection issue yet?
Yes problem resolved, the dealership fixed the problem with removal and replacement of the fuel system float, in the process, they spilled fuel in my car and its very hard for the odor to dissapate, to say the least i am not happy. However, I purchased a, "Enoch Car Air Purifier with USB Car Charger 2-Port. Car Air Freshener Eliminate Odor, Dust, Pollen. Removes Smoke, Pet and Food Odor, Ionic Ozone. Ionic Car Deodorizer. Color-Black " from Amazon and am hopeful it will eliminate the fuel odor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i don't have an atlas but a 2021 Tiguan and i'm having the same issue. I have about 4 calls into the service. Each time they tell me its the update need to wait 24 hours. Today when i called since again i can't use the app, they tell me my ticket has been escalated.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i don't have an atlas but a 2021 Tiguan and i'm having the same issue. I have about 4 calls into the service. Each time they tell me its the update need to wait 24 hours. Today when i called since again i can't use the app, they tell me my ticket has been escalated.
so tell me, has it ever worked?
initially mine never worked. So i took it into service and they had to order a part for the gas tank, that is a float and send a signal to the car that the fuel tank is full and therefore the remote start should work.
make sure your car has a full tank when you test.

Alan

·
Registered
2020 Atlas V6 SE w/ Technology R-Line
35 Posts
I had remote start issues, it turned out to be the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Do you have the digital dash or the analog dash? My car was digital and the fix was replacement of the gas tank float sending unit...so aggravating...

·
Registered
2020 Atlas V6 SE w/ Technology R-Line
35 Posts
Do you have the digital dash or the analog dash? My car was digital and the fix was replacement of the gas tank float sending unit...so aggravating...
I know how you feel when they don't get it right the first few times, they fixed those sensors on my car the first two times I brought it in, but the third time the VW tech line advised them to replace the instrument cluster. I have the analog cluster.

Let me ask you, have you ever gotten your gas filled up but it would show on the dash that it wasn't completely filled, mostly filled both but not completely... Say a little less then a full quarter to go?

I have a great dealer near me in Jersey and they have been very accommodating to me about getting everything sorted out, I really haven't had any issues besides this. Sorry to hear you're having problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did this ever get fixed. I have a 2021 Tiguan and i get an error Command Timeout for over 3 weeks. Several calls to Car-net and still they say the car shows offline since 3/5.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts