Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks like all of the lighting in our new 2021 have been upgraded to LED. With the exception of the ones in the cargo area. Anyone know of a source for those in LED?

·
Registered
98 Posts
deAutoLED
I got their front driving/side turn lights. Other then they pop on then off vs fad on, fad off, they are bright as heck. At my first 10k oil change, I was talking to the service rep. They know me pretty well since this is my 2nd VW from this dealer and this dude bought my Ice Tires after I sold my 2013 Passat TDi back to VW. I asked about LED replacements in the car. He just said to be careful. Not all pull the same power and can cause the system to overload and cause some major electrical problems. Didn't go into specifics but I had a problem like this on my Jeep. I put in some LED BRAKE/TAIL lights. 6 months later, I was replacing a break switch, and bulbs.Burnt it to a crisp. But to be fair, it was the FIRST time I had the car out on the road, at night, for the 4 hours I was out so 4 hours of running LED's with the system overloading the wiring (and switches), I can understand why the concern. I'm sure deAutoLED are great products so if one happens to want to save a few bucks on Ebay or Amazon, be careful. Sometimes, there's more to it then just popping out the bulb and popping one back in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts