Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just bought a 2021 Atlas SE and the horn is driving me absolutely nuts. It’s so weak and apologetic. Any way to change it? I can do it myself but I’ve been looking through YouTube to find how-to videos and I don’t see any. Why did VW put such a wimpy horn on a big SUV? It sounds embarrassing...lol!

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
Hey all, just bought a 2021 Atlas SE and the horn is driving me absolutely nuts. It’s so weak and apologetic. Any way to change it? I can do it myself but I’ve been looking through YouTube to find how-to videos and I don’t see any. Why did VW put such a wimpy horn on a big SUV? It sounds embarrassing...lol!
Are you sure something isn't wrong with it? The horn sounds normal on ours but is weakened sounding when you lock the car and get the audible on the second push of the fob/sensor on the door.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure something isn't wrong with it? The horn sounds normal on ours but is weakened sounding when you lock the car and get the audible on the second push of the fob/sensor on the door.
I don’t think so, is this what yours sounds like?

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas SE V6 /Towing package
18 Posts
I don’t think so, is this what yours sounds like?
To tell the truth, that really sounds like the OLD OLD Beetles...like my 72 Beetle. My Atlas sounds the same, but the 2015 VW Golf Sportswagen horn will blow away anything! It is loud and strong!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To tell the truth, that really sounds like the OLD OLD Beetles...like my 72 Beetle. My Atlas sounds the same, but the 2015 VW Golf Sportswagen horn will blow away anything! It is loud and strong!
Nice! I’ll look At my local junkyard. Pretty sure I can pull a good used one out of one of their cars

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same here with my 2020 CS. At first, I thought it was a homage to the original beetle. But now it's just annoying. I'm going to get a pair on Hella, just like I did on my last 4 cars.

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas SE V6 /Towing package
18 Posts
This is what our 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI sounds like, but much louder!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts