Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently bought a 2021 premium SEL RLine. We have had it less than 2 weeks less than 300 miles on it. Wife was left on the side of the road. Car began shaking and wouldn’t go over 2000 rpm’s. EPC light as well as engine light came on. We had to get it towed to dealer. Dealer is saying #6 injector is what caused issue! A little disappointed to say the least. First VW purchase for us and have had a list of issues with the purchase from one dealer and now mechanical issues with the one we purchased from the second dealer.

·
Super Moderator
80 Posts
Injectors can fail for many reasons, lets hope the dealer treats you right and fixes it.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just had the same problem with a 2019. Started in a trip and less than 90 miles from home bought gas. Exact same symptoms you described. Fortunately 12 miles from a dealer and drove there. They were extremely accommodating and 8 hours later on our way. I must say in my years of driving and probably owning 40 different cars this never happened before. Love the car but a bit gun shy now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just recently bought a 2021 premium SEL RLine. We have had it less than 2 weeks less than 300 miles on it. Wife was left on the side of the road. Car began shaking and wouldn’t go over 2000 rpm’s. EPC light as well as engine light came on. We had to get it towed to dealer. Dealer is saying #6 injector is what caused issue! A little disappointed to say the least. First VW purchase for us and have had a list of issues with the purchase from one dealer and now mechanical issues with the one we purchased from the second dealer.
Sell it and move on. Trust me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So sorry to hear your having some initial trouble with the car. I too hav a 2021 Atlas CS, Premium, R Line, 4 Motion V6 and had the car in the shop within 2 weeks, my remote start would not work, they replaced the float and now its good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts