Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

New to the channel and doing some research to see whether I should trade in my 2018 Highline Tiguan for an Atlas Cross Sport and was wondering if someone can clear something up for me. I was watching a YouTube video about the 2021 Atlas Cross Sport SEL Premium (called the Execline here in Canada) with the new MIB 3 infotainment system and he was showing the glove box where he illustrated the CD player and SD card slots don’t exist any more. Is that true? If so, how does the Nav system work without a SD card? I wouldn’t be too happy if they removed the SD card slots...that‘s is one of my favourite features in my Tiguan. :oops:

Thanks,

Jim.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone,

New to the channel and doing some research to see whether I should trade in my 2018 Highline Tiguan for an Atlas Cross Sport and was wondering if someone can clear something up for me. I was watching a YouTube video about the 2021 Atlas Cross Sport SEL Premium (called the Execline here in Canada) with the new MIB 3 infotainment system and he was showing the glove box where he illustrated the CD player and SD card slots don’t exist any more. Is that true? If so, how does the Nav system work without a SD card? I wouldn’t be too happy if they removed the SD card slots...that‘s is one of my favourite features in my Tiguan. :oops:

Thanks,

Jim.
I have the same question regarding a new 2021 SEL Premium R-Line

·
Registered
2021.5 SE
2 Posts
FWIW, I have the 2021.5 Atlas SE, and it does not have any media SD slot at all, just a blank cover.

Bummed it's not there! I assumed it would be. From what I can tell from vw website, the media SD slot is only there on S models, and maybe models that have nav? Mine has a smooth port cover where the SD slot otherwise would be.

I'm curious if it can be retrofit with the SD slot? I'm fine with no Navigation, but really love to be able to access my music other than through my phone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FWIW, I have the 2021.5 Atlas SE, and it does not have any media SD slot at all, just a blank cover.

Bummed it's not there! I assumed it would be. From what I can tell from vw website, the media SD slot is only there on S models, and maybe models that have nav? Mine has a smooth port cover where the SD slot otherwise would be.

I'm curious if it can be retrofit with the SD slot? I'm fine with no Navigation, but really love to be able to access my music other than through my phone.
I too would be curious to know if an SD card slot or two can be added to the MIB3!

I did some checking on forums for other VW models, and it looks like the MIB3 system has done away with the SD Card slots, the CD player and the Aux jack. It only has the two USB-C ports in the centre console cubby. It’s too bad they‘ve done away with the SD card readers...I really liked that feature. I guess I’ll need to buy a USB-C thumb drive when I get my new Atlas Cross Sport. (y)

Does anyone know what the max size USB drive the MIB3 supports? I haven’t had much luck locating an online manual to figure it out myself. 🤓

·
Registered
2021.5 VW Atlas SEL - Tourmaline Blue
1 Posts
Here's what I'm using in my new 2021.5 Atlas SEL and it works great:

It's 128Gb and dual USBs so I can load it from my computer (only USB-A). Also very small, so it doesn't get in the way.

I too would be curious to know if an SD card slot or two can be added to the MIB3!

I did some checking on forums for other VW models, and it looks like the MIB3 system has done away with the SD Card slots, the CD player and the Aux jack. It only has the two USB-C ports in the centre console cubby. It’s too bad they‘ve done away with the SD card readers...I really liked that feature. I guess I’ll need to buy a USB-C thumb drive when I get my new Atlas Cross Sport. (y)

Does anyone know what the max size USB drive the MIB3 supports? I haven’t had much luck locating an online manual to figure it out myself. 🤓

1 - 6 of 6 Posts