Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have never seen a car that you can lock with the windows open. When discussing with the local dealer they said if you press the FOB and you can hear the horn then the car is locked. I can leave the windows down and push the FOB and hear the horn sound.. So how does this make my car secure?

· Registered
44 Posts
Every car I own works that way. I often like to leave my windows down a crack on a hot day or when I have my dog in the car for a quick trip to the store. Once locked from the fob, if someone managed to reach inside and open a door, the alarm is triggered.

· Super Moderator
1,365 Posts
I have never seen a car that you can lock with the windows open. When discussing with the local dealer they said if you press the FOB and you can hear the horn then the car is locked. I can leave the windows down and push the FOB and hear the horn sound.. So how does this make my car secure?
Every car I have you can do this on....all 5 of them. A Ford. A Lexus. 3x VWs. Hardly a reason to call it a "POJ" - I edited the thread's title. If the car is locked regardless of window position the alarm is armed. If you reach in and unlock it/open the door...the alarm sounds...try it. I always do this when it's warmer out and I want the windows down but the car locked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts