Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am a new VW Atlas owner and I can't figure out if something is wrong with my car, if I don't know how to do it; or if the car is specifically not designed to accommodate this (which i seriously hope is not the case with a brand new car).

When my iphone 11 is connected to the car via bluetooth - it will play audio through the speakers when on the Media selection for apps with true "music" like Spotify or Pandora, etc. However - if I switch to an app like Marco Polo (a video chat app) - it will not play the audio out of the car speakers while on Bluetooth. Or if I go to a video I've taken on my phone and play it - it will not play the audio out of the speakers. It will play 4-5 seconds of it, then stop and show a "No playable files found" message.

What gives? My husband has a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee and when you are connected to bluetooth - all audio will go through the car speakers regardless of what app you are on - music, chat, video . My old 2013 Acura RDX did the same. Is this a horrible VW design I didn't realize when I bought the car? Or is something wrong with my car? I am a parent and sit in a carpool lane twice a day so I'm only looking at this stuff not driving (for those who are safety conscious :) ) So It would be really great the figure this out so I can save myself the daily struggle of turning my phone on and off bluetooth constantly lol.

Sorry for the longwinded message. Thank you all!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all! I am a new VW Atlas owner and I can't figure out if something is wrong with my car, if I don't know how to do it; or if the car is specifically not designed to accommodate this (which i seriously hope is not the case with a brand new car).

When my iphone 11 is connected to the car via bluetooth - it will play audio through the speakers when on the Media selection for apps with true "music" like Spotify or Pandora, etc. However - if I switch to an app like Marco Polo (a video chat app) - it will not play the audio out of the car speakers while on Bluetooth. Or if I go to a video I've taken on my phone and play it - it will not play the audio out of the speakers. It will play 4-5 seconds of it, then stop and show a "No playable files found" message.

What gives? My husband has a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee and when you are connected to bluetooth - all audio will go through the car speakers regardless of what app you are on - music, chat, video . My old 2013 Acura RDX did the same. Is this a horrible VW design I didn't realize when I bought the car? Or is something wrong with my car? I am a parent and sit in a carpool lane twice a day so I'm only looking at this stuff not driving (for those who are safety conscious :) ) So It would be really great the figure this out so I can save myself the daily struggle of turning my phone on and off bluetooth constantly lol.

Sorry for the longwinded message. Thank you all!

I Have the same issue, I have the 2021 SEL V6 Motion

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We got it to work last night after resetting the Bluetooth settings. Then turned the car off and on again and it reverted to the same crap again. Decided to make an appointment next weekend to take it in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts