Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2021.5 VW Atlas SEL Premium. Recently, I found that my car didn't install Homelink or SD/CD card slot. Just would like to see what is going on.
Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's correct - Homelink is a dealer add-on regardless of trim level for new Atlases, which is definitely annoying at the price point. Fortunately mine already had it installed at the time of purchase. In your case, you would want p/n 000072548B (Enhanced Rear View Mirror With HomeLink). There is no CD or SD option with the latest infotainment, your options are AM/FM/XM, bluetooth and USB. Or if you pay for CarNet you may either get VW's streaming radio for free or have the ability to pay extra for it (their website is confusing, because it says the Plus Online Radio package is only for radios without navigation, which you would have).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's correct - Homelink is a dealer add-on regardless of trim level for new Atlases, which is definitely annoying at the price point. Fortunately mine already had it installed at the time of purchase. In your case, you would want p/n 000072548B (Enhanced Rear View Mirror With HomeLink). There is no CD or SD option with the latest infotainment, your options are AM/FM/XM, bluetooth and USB. Or if you pay for CarNet you may either get VW's streaming radio for free or have the ability to pay extra for it (their website is confusing, because it says the Plus Online Radio package is only for radios without navigation, which you would have).
Thank you so much for your reply!

·
Registered
5 Posts
FWIW my 21.5 SE came with HomeLink mirror installed at factory. It was one of a few options on window sticker. I assume a dealership could also add it

Technology package has Apple Play so you can stream anything your phone gets. I already had a Serius XM subscription on my old car so just transferred it to the Atlas which didn't kick in billing for the 3 month "free" subscription the car came with

Console cordless phone charging works great

1 - 4 of 4 Posts