Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up last night a 2021.5 Atlas SEL Premium V6 4Motion in Tourmaline Blue with Titan Blk/Quartzite, @nd Row Bench. Will soon be adding the Homelink mirror and the 21" R-line Braseltons, and trying to figure out what to do with the new style factory 20 inchers that I am not fond of.

So far in just doing the test drive and driving home, very quiet, composed, and smooth. Only concern is a bit of a hard jolt when going into Reverse about one out of every five times. Will keep an eye on it and have dealer assess if it keeps up after about 350 miles or so. Car only has 78 on the odo now.

Will also report back the deal we got, but when we left last night the finance guy didn't give us the paperwork copy after signing and I didn't realize it wasn't in my folder. Will go get it today from them.

SB

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas SE w/Tech & 2014 VW Jetta SEL w/Fender Audio
43 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats! (y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome! I'm also a new owner and just joined, 2021.5 SEL Premium Rline in the same blue but with the white interior and captains chairs. I'm curious since you have the 2021.5 do you have the same issue as me? MIB3 - No personalization menu?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So here is the deal we got:

21.5 Atlas SEL Premium V6 4Motion in Tourmaline Blue with Rear Bench and Blk/Quartzite interior: $49,025.00 Local dealer had to go get the car from a dealer in PA that I found had it in the color combo with a bench seat second row....almost a unicorn....that's why it wasn't an R-line (pouts).

Trailer Hitch Extras @ $325.00
Monster Mats and Heavy Duty Trunk Liner with CarGo Blocks @ $285.00
Privacy Cover @ $200.00
Bumperdillo @ $150.00
First Aid and Roadside Assistance Kits @ $99.00
Destination @ $1,195.00

Total with Destination = $51,279, Dealer Discount of 12.5% of $6,461, so $44,818 adjusted down, and with all Taxes, Tags, Fees, etc....out the door was $47,768.00 And they are going to add the Homelink mirror at no charge in the next two weeks ($325 option I think)

I know they hit me a little hard on the fees but we also traded a 2012 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring with 112,000 on the odo and KBB said Excellent Trade in was $6,500, and I had a couple door dings (interior was 95/100) and they gave us $7,500 for it, so I'm good with this (Car Max offered us $7k, Subaru dealer offered us $6k). Palisade dealers were at MSRP or above and I'm just not that guy....Nice warranty and tech and space but a little glitzy for me and I need to get a deal...Tellurides are selling as they hit the showrooms in our area for at least 2k over sticker....

Hope this helps someone else out.

SB

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just picked up last night a 2021.5 Atlas SEL Premium V6 4Motion in Tourmaline Blue with Titan Blk/Quartzite, @nd Row Bench. Will soon be adding the Homelink mirror and the 21" R-line Braseltons, and trying to figure out what to do with the new style factory 20 inchers that I am not fond of.

So far in just doing the test drive and driving home, very quiet, composed, and smooth. Only concern is a bit of a hard jolt when going into Reverse about one out of every five times. Will keep an eye on it and have dealer assess if it keeps up after about 350 miles or so. Car only has 78 on the odo now.

Will also report back the deal we got, but when we left last night the finance guy didn't give us the paperwork copy after signing and I didn't realize it wasn't in my folder. Will go get it today from them.

SB
There is no 2021.5 it’s only 2020

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas SE w/Tech & 2014 VW Jetta SEL w/Fender Audio
43 Posts
There is no 2021.5 it’s only 2020
They always sell vehicles roughly a model year ahead of the year they are sold so 2021 models were being sold in the second half of 2020. The 2021.5 model is in reference to the mid year revisions made to the Atlas' infotainment and drivers assistance systems. These revisions were not made until recently and are notable enough changes to be referenced here as a 2021.5 model vehicle. I copied in the link to the changes if you are curious to see the details. (y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a 2021.5. There is also a 2021. I'm driving 21.5 that I bought two months ago - received it last Monday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So here is the deal we got:

21.5 Atlas SEL Premium V6 4Motion in Tourmaline Blue with Rear Bench and Blk/Quartzite interior: $49,025.00 Local dealer had to go get the car from a dealer in PA that I found had it in the color cobo with a bench seat second row....almost a unicorn....that's why it wasn't an R-line (pouts).

Trailer Hitch Extras @ $325.00
Monster Mats and Heavy Duty Trunk Liner with CarGo Blocks @ $285.00
Privacy Cover @ $200.00
Bumperdillo @ $150.00
First Aid and Roadside Assistance Kits @ $99.00
Destination @ $1,195.00

Total with Destination = $51,279, Dealer Discount of 12.5% of $6,461, so $44,818 adjusted down, and with all Taxes, Tags, Fees, etc....out the door was $47,768.00 And they are going to add the Homelink mirror at no charge in the next two weeks ($325 option I think)

I know they hit me a little hard on the fees but we also traded a 2012 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring with 112,000 on the odo and KBB said Excellent Trade in was $6,500, and I had a couple door dings (interior was 95/100) and they gave us $7,500 for it, so I'm good with this (Car Max offered us $7k, Subaru dealer offered us $6k). Palisade dealers were at MSRP or above and I'm just not that guy....Nice warranty and tech and space but a little glitzy for me and I need to get a deal...Tellurides are selling as they hit the showrooms in our area for at least 2k over sticker....

Hope this helps someone else out.

SB
You got a better deal than I did, and that's with Military Discount and Tax-Free.... I paid just over $53K and didn't get ANY accessories. Be happy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts