Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems like it should be straight forward and might be embarrassing depending on the response. Picked up this vehicle yesterday used with 8k miles, pristine. I programmed memory position 1 by selecting set then pushing button 1, no issues. Today, I tried to program button # 2 for my spouse, nothing. Tried with car off, started, in neutral, and other ways I can't remember...nada. To make things worse, now position # 1 doesn't work at all. Seems dead in the water. Is it possible to deactivate the memory function?
I'll start with this since this is the most pressing issue.

Though this is a minor issue:
I can't get my mirrors to change position when in reverse either, the box is selected in the menu system but will not change. Maybe this is related to the memory issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
31 Posts
On the tilting mirror issue make sure your mirror select switch is set to the right or left. If its in the middle the mirrors won't move when in reverse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that worked though it doesn't return to previous setting. This may be related to the memory problem. I did swing by dealership today in which they stated that something is amiss. I will have them look at it during my next service in about 1000 miles.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It does take about 20-30 seconds once you start driving forward for the mirror to go back to the original level. I thought it was stuck at first but that seems to be the way VW does it. Unless yours doesn't go back at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does take about 20-30 seconds once you start driving forward for the mirror to go back to the original level. I thought it was stuck at first but that seems to be the way VW does it. Unless yours doesn't go back at all.
Good info, I will try that tomorrow morning. Thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
This seems like it should be straight forward and might be embarrassing depending on the response. Picked up this vehicle yesterday used with 8k miles, pristine. I programmed memory position 1 by selecting set then pushing button 1, no issues. Today, I tried to program button # 2 for my spouse, nothing. Tried with car off, started, in neutral, and other ways I can't remember...nada. To make things worse, now position # 1 doesn't work at all. Seems dead in the water. Is it possible to deactivate the memory function?
I'll start with this since this is the most pressing issue.

Though this is a minor issue:
I can't get my mirrors to change position when in reverse either, the box is selected in the menu system but will not change. Maybe this is related to the memory issue?

Any help would be appreciated.
make sure you use the same key fob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
f/u: Took vehicle to dealership in Fort Worth, they had to do a reset of memory seats. They are working fine at this point. Easy to program, easy to use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 2021 Atlas Cross Sport and I'm having the same problem with my memory seat buttons. Setting a memory in 1, 2 and 3 positions was working fine then one day it stopped working. When pressed, the seat doesn't go to the designated position. Nor can I reset the memory setting for the drivers seat. Thank goodness the seat can manually be set to the desired setting. I live an hour away from the dealership so I'll have to wait until my next oil change to have it checked and hopefully reset.

Q: There is a car setting to reset the car to the dealer settings. Has anyone used that setting for any reason? Maybe this would work? I think the only downside (if it's really a downside) would be it it would reset my programmed radio stations and some navigation entries.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got the answer to resetting the memory seat button. I read it on the Vortex Forum:
Stand outside of your VW and use the seat buttons to move the seat all the way forward, backwards, up, down, tilt forward and backwards. You should hear the "chime". It has now been reset and you can now climb in and set your seat memory buttons! Yay! :love: Beats having to go to the dealership!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts