Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to take a video of this because it must be a sensor in the steering wheel or an IR eye in the instrument cluster. We bought a new 2021.5 Premium last month and every time I drive I can do this on command and its annoying as ****! While I'm driving I sometimes lean forward a bit and stretch my back, but I put my hands at 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock, with a slight grip on the steering wheel and relax my elbows so my forearms go parallel slightly and every time like clock work I hear the "ding" and the lane assist currently not available error pops up then the little orange exclamation mark on the lower left of the cluster lights up. But the minute I move my hands it goes off, its funny because I can do it on command. When it was first happening I thought maybe an exterior sensor was bad or they were knocked out of alignment, but figuring out how to do it at will makes me think there is some sensor bad in the steering wheel? I know our mercedes has some eye sensor that figures out when your drowsy, so I was curious if there is a sensor in the instrument cluster that my forearms interfere with causing it to trigger the warning. Has anyone else had this issue? I did some google searches but couldn't find anything on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need to take a video of this because it must be a sensor in the steering wheel or an IR eye in the instrument cluster. We bought a new 2021.5 Premium last month and every time I drive I can do this on command and its annoying as ****! While I'm driving I sometimes lean forward a bit and stretch my back, but I put my hands at 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock, with a slight grip on the steering wheel and relax my elbows so my forearms go parallel slightly and every time like clock work I hear the "ding" and the lane assist currently not available error pops up then the little orange exclamation mark on the lower left of the cluster lights up. But the minute I move my hands it goes off, its funny because I can do it on command. When it was first happening I thought maybe an exterior sensor was bad or they were knocked out of alignment, but figuring out how to do it at will makes me think there is some sensor bad in the steering wheel? I know our mercedes has some eye sensor that figures out when your drowsy, so I was curious if there is a sensor in the instrument cluster that my forearms interfere with causing it to trigger the warning. Has anyone else had this issue? I did some google searches but couldn't find anything on it.
Having an issue that may be related to your issue. Our 21 cross sport r line premium is having the “travel assist currently unavailable “ coming on several times sometimes then not at all for hours . The warning symbol and chime are coming on. First visit to dealer revealed no codes so me idea what was wrong or how to fix??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts