Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Cross Sport SE V6 R-Line w/Tech
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Recent new Cross Sport owner and I wanted to open up a sticky, discussion thread on what aftermarket ATLAS parts you've run into that would and wouldn't be compatible on the CROSS SPORT given the differences in size, shape, dimensions and curves.

So far it seems as though its safe to say lots of the core components are obviously the same.

However, for things like fender flares, as an example. Can we confirm those dimensions the identical? Meaning: will something that fits one will fit the other?

In regards to "That aftermarket thing would work for us too!", what have you noticed that does and doesn't work? Consider this a living document for anyone who comes along later. Cheers.

KEY:
✅: All systems go. Should be zero problems.
🔶: Sorta. Nothing specific made for the vehicle, but you can buy something universal or modify.
🛑: Stop. Aftermarket part which fits Atlas does not fit Cross Sport.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
🔶 Air Design fender flares

The fender flares (below) made by Air Design which can be found here

BFI "Hi AWR. Thank you for your inquiry with us. The fronts should work. However, the rears will need modifications. Garrett"

Me "Could you elaborate on what kind of modifications would be required?"

BFI "We do not know what would be needed for the rears to be installed as we haven't done it before. A body shop would have to work the material to try and install it without making it look "off."

Yikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
H&R adventure 1.00'' lift springs.

H&R adventure raising springs model "54796" are fully compatible. Can fully confirm as they are now on my vehicle (not photographed).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
🔶 Roof Platform

I reached out to FrontRunner to learn the compatibility of their roof platform system as seen on the Atlas Basecamp. This was their response:

Hello AWR,

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we do not have a kit that fits the VW Atlas Sport and we are not permitted to sell the Basecamp version to the public as the application required heavy drilling into the roof and it was very custom.

We will hopefully have something for the Atlas Sport soon!

I then asked if there was a universal fit based on the CS's specific roof rail mounts and dimensions... and their response

Hello AWR,

While all of our kits look the same for the grab-on the application they are all very different in the details. There are several different inner and outer clamps that pair specifically with each other to fit the different shapes of factory rails. What works on one car may not work properly on another, even if they look similar. There are also different spacer blocks in different kits to accommodate for different sloped roofs to keep the racks level. For accuracy, safety and liability reasons, I am not able to just recommend another fitment to try on a vehicle we do not have a kit for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BFT Blocks

For those unaware, the BFT blocks allow you to add larger tires to your vehicle by modifying the area where large tires would normally rub on our wheel wells. I reached out to NGP Racing and they, in turn, reached out to B2BFab and said there should be no problem.

"Thanks for reaching out,

I have spoken with B2B fab and they stated that there should be no issues with install on a Cross sport."

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for shearing. I do like the 1" Lift springs This will be a must have when the stock tires get replaced.
Did you do the Spring install ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts