Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
U Get What U Pay For

Its a KIA which I understand is not a bad vehicle but its not a VW or Audi. U get what u pay for. The Atlas was by far the best deal for the buck when I looked at all the others out there. SO far we are NOT disappointed at ALL. We get nothing but complements on it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a hard time looking at this and not thinking its a GM product.
Throw a GMC or Cadillac badge on that grille and it might just fools someone into thinking its a Tahoe/Suburban or Escalade.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Kia has come along way with their styling, both inside and out. That being said I worry about what depreciation would be like on it. Its basically identical to the Palisade, though it is the better looking car imo. Have to wait on some deliveries to see what build quality is like.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Kia has come along way with their styling, both inside and out. That being said I worry about what depreciation would be like on it. Its basically identical to the Palisade, though it is the better looking car imo. Have to wait on some deliveries to see what build quality is like.
It still doesn't help their brands image at the end of the day. Pricing made up for it along with the fact they have the most reliable and cheapest to maintain, industry-wide.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Its better than I expected from Kia but I wouldn't be surprised if some issues arise shortly after launch with the new platform. Ride quality and body control are known problems with the Sorento, though it does look like they have improved the interior styling and quality of materials.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have seen some criticisms of the infotainment system, but that seems to be the case with any new touchscreen these days. Not all that familiar with Hyundai's 3.8l V6, but I know its been in there Genesis models for a few years now.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Its better than I expected from Kia but I wouldn't be surprised if some issues arise shortly after launch with the new platform. Ride quality and body control are known problems with the Sorento, though it does look like they have improved the interior styling and quality of materials.
Drastic changes taking place here compared to the Sorento should weed that out, so I wouldn't be all too concerned. If you are, just wait for feedback from owners 3-6 months out from now. Kia and Hyundai have a lot to prove, so my hope is it translates to reliable products.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Seeing this post made me curious. So I did some digging. One thing I just discovered is that the Kia has a 13.0:1 compression ratio, requiring premium unleaded fuel. This will increase your driving cost over the life of the car in a rather dramatic fashion, as premium (not mid-grade, it needs the high octane stuff) gasoline can cost 20 to 30 cents more per gallon.

I'll add more if I find more of interest.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cargo capacity with the seats down is better for the Atlas, which you might expect with a slightly longer vehicle: Kia 87.00cu.ft, Atlas 96.80cu.ft

That's about it for the comparisons I can find right now.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think that will go out of the window once people compare reliability of the two along with other essential factors to take in when buying. This will matter even more to those that don't care much about branding. Kia/Hyundai are in the lead in that respect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I drove a couple of these, surprising how good it is! I could not get past the brand name and time will tell what resale & maintenance is but lets face it, the Atlas hasn't been as good as it should be.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have already started hearing of issues like a door not opening at all, backseats folding unexpectedly and so on. The reports seem to be in line with what Atlas has experienced. Lets put it this way, every car manufacturer is having some kind of issues and as the saying goes the grass is not always greener on the other side. Only time will tell as it only has been out for about a month.

Last week I saw the Kia in front of me. In real life it did not look as good as it does in pictures and videos. The looks of it did remind me of GMC products.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Saw one in the wild

I saw my first Telluride in person, in a parking lot the other day. I looked, and was not impressed with its outward appearance. Glad I went with the Atlas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts