Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2020 CS SEL is a significant upgrade from my 2014 Jetta SEL which did not have a driver assist, digital cockpit, and CarPlay systems. That said, do software updates happen? Is there a way to know when a new update is available? How do the updates get installed?

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
25 Posts
They are typically handled through "service campaigns" which are issued against your VIN. You can check here:

I've had several since owning our 2018.
Thanks for the reply, I have a 2020 CS and only 2mo old i am still trying to navigate through all the Bells and whistles:rolleyes: But in one of the screens i did see an Update page but did not investigate it Yeat.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I have a 2020 CS and only 2mo old i am still trying to navigate through all the Bells and whistles:rolleyes: But in one of the screens i did see an Update page but did not investigate it Yeat.
Updates to systems such as your radio won't happen if the model is no longer supported, which FWIW, seems to happen sooner then later. My 2013 Fender system had a 2 or 3 version upgrade along the line and one feature, changing the DVD player to play while driving over 5mph, could be "changed" by the user with a flash update but my version wasn't compatible. As far as updating your NAV system, don't even bother. IMO, the NAV system is a waist of money anyway but it came with the car. Using your phone is the way to go. Case in point, a drove up to Sturgeon Bay WI last year for a reunion. About a 600 mile trip. 57 and 42 have had some major reroutes/mods done over 11 years ago. Only NAV system that shows them is my phone or my Garmin NUVI device. Both my 2011 T&C which as a 2014 update (last free one I got) and both the 2013 Passat and my 2019 Atlas does not show these changes. So, I can only imagine what other changes don't make it to the update(s). And since I work in IT, sometimes, updates breaks more then it fixes but that keeps me GAINFULLY employed :sneaky:. Just saying...

Reactions: FarfegnugenCS2020

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 2020 CS SEL is a significant upgrade from my 2014 Jetta SEL which did not have a driver assist, digital cockpit, and CarPlay systems. That said, do software updates happen? Is there a way to know when a new update is available? How do the updates get installed?

Thanks for your time
I was just wondering the same. when I touch on the update button and tells me that the isn't any data left for the update. Audi has an option where I can download the update onto an SD card and import it that was. Wondering if VW has the same..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts