Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far very happy with my new Cross Sport - one small issue. Daytime running lights (double L shaped LED's) only light up outer L's. Inner ones never come on. Dealer checked headlight coding - all looks ok, they ordered new headlights. Still it seems strange for both lights to fail like that (did I mention 500 miles on the car). Has anyone come across this problem?

·
Registered
16 Posts
So far very happy with my new Cross Sport - one small issue. Daytime running lights (double L shaped LED's) only light up outer L's. Inner ones never come on. Dealer checked headlight coding - all looks ok, they ordered new headlights. Still it seems strange for both lights to fail like that (did I mention 500 miles on the car). Has anyone come across this problem?
My understanding is that DRL is dependent on the trim. What trim do you own?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there ,

I just purchased a Cross-sport also and only the outer lights show on DRL. My trim is a 2020 V6 SE with Technology R-Line . Please update if the newly ordered lights work.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If I were you guys, I’d go to any dealer, look at a car that’s for sale within your trim line and compare.
I agree but I think it depends on trim. A quick search shows some with both lights on, some with only the outer L. Seems like it would be a setting in the onboard computer unless there are just no lights in those areas where you would expect. Now, betlow are two cars from two different dealers. Funny, the ONE thing I noticed when looking online, GREY CS's seem to have only the one light. Odd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had mine in the shop for this today. I have the SE V6 w/tech. Appears to be unrelated to trim level. Dealer called the lights defective and ordered new. They’re on back order currently, but will update when I get this done. Note I’ve been having some buggy issues with this car - had it two months - new steering rack, new passenger side mirror (the bracket was broken and pieces were falling out from under it), mobile app alert on the car needing attention and the dealer was able to pull and clear a passive code, and now this with the lights.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It is trim level I have the SE and it only does outer lights. I think you need to be in the upper trim levels to get both lights on. However if you end up getting new headlights thats AWESOME! Let us know!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just had mine in the shop for this today. I have the SE V6 w/tech. Appears to be unrelated to trim level. Dealer called the lights defective and ordered new. They’re on back order currently, but will update when I get this done. Note I’ve been having some buggy issues with this car - had it two months - new steering rack, new passenger side mirror (the bracket was broken and pieces were falling out from under it), mobile app alert on the car needing attention and the dealer was able to pull and clear a passive code, and now this with the lights.
Guess all dealers speak if different then, the ones here in FL said the same thing. its a trim thing. Higher end trims get the double L. but hey, hopefully you get the nice double L's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so... one month later - dealer tells me one headlight is in, the second headlight is on backorder. No one mentions any trim conditions (SE with 4motion). I guess I have to keep waiting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts