Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that this has been a common problem with the Atlas. Has anyone been able to get a VW service center to fix this problem? Also we had the problem originally and they said it was snow in the wheels. We asked them if we could replace the rims and tires and they said we could. Fast forward to last week and my wife brought her Atlas in for its 40,000 mile service. She drove it to the dealership, 85 miles away, and had the service done. Everything was good with the tires and the front end according to there inspection. She pulled out of the dealership to start home and the car had a huge vibration. Brings it back and they say the centering ring was not in it. She drives it home with the vibration to our local tire shop and they pulled the tire off and said it has the centering ring but they think it’s something else. Limp it back to the dealership on a Sunday and they look at it “two days” later and say they can’t do anything because of after market rims and tires. Is this a common response from VW service or are they trying to slide one by me? Has anyone that has had a vibration been able to pinpoint the problem. The tires were balanced 3 times and it still vibrates. Please help.

·
Super Moderator
1,226 Posts
I see that this has been a common problem with the Atlas. Has anyone been able to get a VW service center to fix this problem? Also we had the problem originally and they said it was snow in the wheels. We asked them if we could replace the rims and tires and they said we could. Fast forward to last week and my wife brought her Atlas in for its 40,000 mile service. She drove it to the dealership, 85 miles away, and had the service done. Everything was good with the tires and the front end according to there inspection. She pulled out of the dealership to start home and the car had a huge vibration. Brings it back and they say the centering ring was not in it. She drives it home with the vibration to our local tire shop and they pulled the tire off and said it has the centering ring but they think it’s something else. Limp it back to the dealership on a Sunday and they look at it “two days” later and say they can’t do anything because of after market rims and tires. Is this a common response from VW service or are they trying to slide one by me? Has anyone that has had a vibration been able to pinpoint the problem. The tires were balanced 3 times and it still vibrates. Please help.
Aftermarket wheels with hub rings? Noway VW is going to touch that - think about it. Does it do this with stock wheels?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had the same problem. The dealer rotated the tires and crossed them over. You have to ask how they did the rotation. ONLY FRONT BACK AND BACK TO FRONT. When the dealer do the cross over it is rears to front cross over and fronts to the back same side. I knew they made that mistakeby the vibration and by looking at the tire production dates comparing to the ones that came new on the car. I have tire replacement insurance and and knew which tires were on what side of the car. All continentals. Go back to the dealer and tell them to fix it and be demanding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts