Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a certified pre owned 2019 SEL, 8,035 miles in June 2021. We've been having some issues with that are pretty annoying. The dealer had to sell all their loner vehicles due to lack of inventory so we can't get it in until we can get a vehicle while the dealer has ours.

1. Since we received the Atlas and assigned the keys, they rarely adjust the seat. If my wife drives and locks the vehicle then I unlock and get in, it has my name on the profile and will adjust the mirrors and everything else but not the seat. This seems like a small issue but my wife is way shorter than me and it's a pain to adjust the seat while still standing outside the vehicle. I'm on crutches (able to drive though) for a few more mo this a d winter is coming here In Colorado. It does the same if I drive and she gets in, wont adjust the seat to her preset.

2. Rarely can we remote start it. All the lights blink twice but it wont start

3. ACC error often so Active Cruise Control doesn't work. I use cruise control a lot too, well I used too anyhow.

4. Start-Stop Error, very often.

5. Remote open/close of the hatch just doesn't work 60% of the time.

6. Conv. window Opening is turned on but can't get it to work.

7. Apple car play freezes and is unresponsive

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason G.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Our 2019 had the issue with the ACC error. Ours did the same thing every time we used the remote starter. If we just stared the vehicle without remote start ours worked fine. Have you noticed the ACC works fine if you don't remote start the vehicle? We had this resolved after two visits to the dealership and they updated the software.

·
Registered
281 Posts
1. Since we received the Atlas and assigned the keys, they rarely adjust the seat. If my wife drives and locks the vehicle then I unlock and get in, it has my name on the profile and will adjust the mirrors and everything else but not the seat. This seems like a small issue but my wife is way shorter than me and it's a pain to adjust the seat while still standing outside the vehicle. I'm on crutches (able to drive though) for a few more mo this a d winter is coming here In Colorado. It does the same if I drive and she gets in, wont adjust the seat to her preset.
You may just need a seat reset. I believe you do this by moving the driver's seat all the way fwd and all the way back (may need to search for the proper procedure but it's simple like this). You'll hear a beep and the seat memory is reset. Then just reprogram the settings. I had this problem where no matter what key was used it would move the seat to my wife's settings (5'4"). This was a problem for me as I'm 6'7". Let's just say my knees didn't appreciate this glitch.

2. Rarely can we remote start it. All the lights blink twice but it wont start
There are specific criteria that won't allow remote start. Check your manual. One is fuel level. One is how recently the vehicle was last run (ie if you go into Starbucks and get a coffee and try to remote start 5min later it won't work. There are a couple of other scenarios that won't allow it as well.
3. ACC error often so Active Cruise Control doesn't work. I use cruise control a lot too, well I used too anyhow.
There is a known bug that disabled ACC when remote start was used. The dealer should be able to fix this with an update if this is the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts