Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am a new VW owner. I bought a 2019 VW Atlas SE w/ technology on Black Friday. I traded in my 2017 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab. My family has expanded and needed a family vehicle to hold 6 people. So far I am happy with the Atlas. I do have one complaint which I will be taking it to the dealership on Thursday to get it checked out. The problem is that in the driver's side door panel/dash I am hearing multiple rattling noises. It is driving me nuts. I happened to hear it once when the music was off and even with the music on I hear it. Never really noticed it before. It sounds like something is loose or broken behind the panel. Do any of you have this issue?

I was always told about the quality of VW being good and reliable. When I was looking at family cars I was looking at the Chevy Traverse, Hyundai Palisade and the VW Atlas. I chose the Atlas but I am kind of having buyers remorse. They had the best deal for the money. I am kind of wishing I went with the Palisade. The Atlas has so much plastic in the interior and I am not sure why compared to the other models in it's class. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! That's good that you have no issues. We will see what the dealer says on Thursday. Something is probably broke behind the door panel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello everyone! I am a new VW owner. I bought a 2019 VW Atlas SE w/ technology on Black Friday. I traded in my 2017 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab. My family has expanded and needed a family vehicle to hold 6 people. So far I am happy with the Atlas. I do have one complaint which I will be taking it to the dealership on Thursday to get it checked out. The problem is that in the driver's side door panel/dash I am hearing multiple rattling noises. It is driving me nuts. I happened to hear it once when the music was off and even with the music on I hear it. Never really noticed it before. It sounds like something is loose or broken behind the panel. Do any of you have this issue?

I was always told about the quality of VW being good and reliable. When I was looking at family cars I was looking at the Chevy Traverse, Hyundai Palisade and the VW Atlas. I chose the Atlas but I am kind of having buyers remorse. They had the best deal for the money. I am kind of wishing I went with the Palisade. The Atlas has so much plastic in the interior and I am not sure why compared to the other models in it's class. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
[/QUOTE

UPDATE: I took the Atlas to the dealer to check out the rattling noise in the door and they adjusted it because the vibration pad behind the panel was out of place. Fast forward four days and I got a call from the General Sales Manager saying that the car I bought on Black Friday was still at the dealership. They gave me the wrong Atlas! Everything was the same...color, features, and options. They told me I had to bring my Atlas back to swap it out. The car they actually sold me had 18 inch wheels versus the 20 inch wheels I told them I wanted. Long story short, they swapped the wheels for me and I got a brand new Atlas! I got a free upgrade of 20 inch wheels. I had put 1200 miles on the Atlas I thought was mine. Can’t complain! Dealership error. I feel sorry for that salesman!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts