Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New purchase February 2019 leftover. Had first oil change at dealer Dec 2020 at 5000 miles. Drove to CT from SC 750 miles. 6 week stay and driving around town and another 750 back to SC. 8143 miles total 3143 on oil change. Now down what seems to be a quart. Any thing any opinions. Not e
20210225_105233.jpg
ven on the hash lines. Headed to the dealer tomorrow 2 26 2021 to have a chat with the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
There is an entire post with some good info on this topic: Bottom line, no drama here - just keep an eye on it. You just don't have enough miles to say anything yet. Your manual will tell you the same. Also, do you know for a fact (you checked it as soon as it was changed) what your starting oil level was at the 5K oil change? Do you know which oil was used?

Oil Consumption | Page 3 | Volkswagen Atlas Forum (vwatlasforum.com)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Also, do you know for a fact (you checked it as soon as it was changed) what your starting oil level was at the 5K oil change?
I was going to say the same thing. Dealer may have under filled to begin with. If you didn't check after the change you can't tell. Either way I'd go to the dealer and tell them you are low, make them check for leaks and top it off.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is an entire post with some good info on this topic: Bottom line, no drama here - just keep an eye on it. You just don't have enough miles to say anything yet. Your manual will tell you the same. Also, do you know for a fact (you checked it as soon as it was changed) what your starting oil level was at the 5K oil change? Do you know which oil was used?

Oil Consumption | Page 3 | Volkswagen Atlas Forum (vwatlasforum.com)
I assumed they would have checked it when they changed it. I will check next time.

·
Registered
2019 Atlas S 4Motion VR6
48 Posts
Couldn’t agree more Karst, especially with the Atlas. After all the varied reports on how much oil is required for a proper fill it’s still a mystery to me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I assumed they would have checked it when they changed it. I will check next time.
just keep in mind oil changes are done by cheapest labor at the dealer. dealer filled oil without draining on my buick enclave and engine never felt same afterward. this is one of the reason i do my own oil change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts