Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

2019 Atlas shocks make the vehicle feel like a boat

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  siejatom 
#1 ·
Are there any alternatives for shocks, springs ? My vehicle lets me feel every bump and sways and does not feel as sturdy as when I bought it. 63,000 miles now. I cannot buy parts and place them on myself, but if anyone has recommendations on a national chain that could replace them that would help. Or even the type of shocks that would make the vehicle not sway so much. The dealership said shocks are fine and there are no replacements, so kind of stuck on what to do.
It is getting so bad that I am thinking of selling it, although I really like the vehicle other than the ride that is getting worse thru time.

#2 ·
Coilovers are avaiable. Bilstein B4 are available. They really need B6s but they don't offer them yet. I emailed them about it...do the same. The more folks ask the more likely to get them. A lot of your ride characteristics are based on tires/air pressure....what do you run?

#4 ·
Are there any alternatives for shocks, springs ? My vehicle lets me feel every bump and sways and does not feel as sturdy as when I bought it. 63,000 miles now. I cannot buy parts and place them on myself, but if anyone has recommendations on a national chain that could replace them that would help. Or even the type of shocks that would make the vehicle not sway so much. The dealership said shocks are fine and there are no replacements, so kind of stuck on what to do.
It is getting so bad that I am thinking of selling it, although I really like the vehicle other than the ride that is getting worse thru time.
what is your tire pressure?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.