Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. New to forums and new to VW in general.
We just picked up a 2019 SE with the tech pkg. We are coming from a 2011 Honda Pilot. So far we love the car but the wife has mentioned in 2 occasions that she noticed the car is consuming a lot more fuel than what it says on the avg (17.9 mpg) ... She is having to refill car often. You all know what she could be talking about? Have you all heard anything like that?

·
Super Moderator
1,161 Posts
Please have a read of my post #35 here:

I can assure you, there is nothing wrong with your Atlas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please have a read of my post #35 here:

I can assure you, there is nothing wrong with your Atlas.

Sorry about that. Well written article but I should have reframe my question better and provide some background about me. Im actually a car guy (Car History /GTO, MustangGT, Charger Daytona, BMW M-Sport) and I do all my mods and upgrades my self. I know about most of the stuff you posted. What I was referring to is an abnormally high fuel consumption for what the car is rated for or listed for. The car seems to be using a lot more fuel than it really should. I did some checking online and noticed a couple of articles about fuel with one of them saying the following (see screenshot below) I think I might have to do some manual testing to see what this car is actually doing. I will report back to you all once I find out more. Timeframe will depend on how and when I can use the car for a entire week since this is my wifes car and not mine.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Circle Parallel

·
Super Moderator
1,161 Posts
Sorry about that. Well written article but I should have reframe my question better and provide some background about me. Im actually a car guy (Car History /GTO, MustangGT, Charger Daytona, BMW M-Sport) and I do all my mods and upgrades my self. I know about most of the stuff you posted. What I was referring to is an abnormally high fuel consumption for what the car is rated for or listed for. The car seems to be using a lot more fuel than it really should. I did some checking online and noticed a couple of articles about fuel with one of them saying the following (see screenshot below) I think I might have to do some manual testing to see what this car is actually doing. I will report back to you all once I find out more. Timeframe will depend on how and when I can use the car for a entire week since this is my wifes car and not mine.

View attachment 2773
Again, I've addressed your concern in my post I linked. If you haven't done manual calcs over multiple tanks of mixed driving, start there.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hello everyone. New to forums and new to VW in general.
We just picked up a 2019 SE with the tech pkg. We are coming from a 2011 Honda Pilot. So far we love the car but the wife has mentioned in 2 occasions that she noticed the car is consuming a lot more fuel than what it says on the avg (17.9 mpg) ... She is having to refill car often. You all know what she could be talking about? Have you all heard anything like that?
I find your post interesting. Around town I get 21-22 mpg, whereas my wife's city mpg averages about 18.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts