Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas SE V6 /Towing package
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've had several issues with computer not saving error codes. I've had several of the crash warnings pop up when there was no vehicle in front of me. Dealer kept Atlas for a week before it did it for them. The only thing they did was reprogram the computer. Next day of driving, I actually had a car pull out in front of me, and Atlas did not issue a warning or attempt to stop.

The worst one was having the vehicle lose power going down a road at 55 mph, it told me about "lost power", to get to safety, and the engine was turning off. The ECU and Check engine lights were both on. The dealer did nothing since there were no codes, and I didn't take a picture??? What?!?. They kept it for a week and it did not repeat itself.

I spent thousands of dollars to have extra warranty on this vehicle, and they say they can't do anything since no error codes are being stored. And that's the problem! The computer is not storing error codes!!! What do you all think about this? What is the solution? I've already let the dealer know I did not appreciate this.

·
Super Moderator
901 Posts
The system will not store those events related to the passive safety systems - I don't think any vehicles do. However, if it popped a CEL with the power loss issue, it should have stored a code but no idea here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, I've had several issues with computer not saving error codes. I've had several of the crash warnings pop up when there was no vehicle in front of me. Dealer kept Atlas for a week before it did it for them. The only thing they did was reprogram the computer. Next day of driving, I actually had a car pull out in front of me, and Atlas did not issue a warning or attempt to stop.

The worst one was having the vehicle lose power going down a road at 55 mph, it told me about "lost power", to get to safety, and the engine was turning off. The ECU and Check engine lights were both on. The dealer did nothing since there were no codes, and I didn't take a picture??? What?!?. They kept it for a week and it did not repeat itself.

I spent thousands of dollars to have extra warranty on this vehicle, and they say they can't do anything since no error codes are being stored. And that's the problem! The computer is not storing error codes!!! What do you all think about this? What is the solution? I've already let the dealer know I did not appreciate this.

I purchased a ROSS-TECH.COM VCDS cable to analyze the car and the dealer can't bullsh*t you. $199 for use in 2018 and up VWs. Can only use on 3 vin numbers. I only have one VW, the 2019 atlas SE w technology. I was also able to turn off the annoying start stop feature, yippee. And you can print out the info for the dealer. The tech support people at ROS-TECH are excellent if u new help setting it up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I purchased a ROSS-TECH.COM VCDS cable to analyze the car and the dealer can't bullsh*t you. $199 for use in 2018 and up VWs. Can only use on 3 vin numbers. I only have one VW, the 2019 atlas SE w technology. I was also able to turn off the annoying start stop feature, yippee. And you can print out the info for the dealer. The tech support people at ROS-TECH are excellent if u new help setting it up.
20210224_184644.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts