Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am in Canada and was in to test drive a 2019 Atlas. We are considering the comfort line. The sales guy mentioned that there will be no 2020 Atlas and they will be returning in 2021 with some 'minor' changes.

My question is .. should I wait until the 2021 arrives ? Since it's a new design will that depreciate my 2019 more then the regular depreciation?

Any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
73 Posts
In the US we still had a 2020 Atlas. So that is strange, but I guess not impossible.
I don't think the 2019 will depreciate any more than it typically would despite there being a new model out. Cars are a depreciating asset anyway, so I would not get too hung up on that factor.
If you like the look of the '19 better than the '21, then get the '19, or vice versa. There are really no major differences that I am aware of, in the US market at least.
Also, US market had the 6 year 72,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty for the '18-19 model year. I'm not sure if you got that up there but for us here in the US that warranty went bye bye starting for the 2020 model year.
If you do have that warranty, then that would be another reason to get the '19 over the '21 in my opinion.
And if they have some old stock that has been sitting around, you may be able to score a better deal since they will want to move it...

·
Registered
2020 Atlas V6 SE w/ Technology R-Line
36 Posts
Hi everyone I am in Canada and was in to test drive a 2019 Atlas. We are considering the comfort line. The sales guy mentioned that there will be no 2020 Atlas and they will be returning in 2021 with some 'minor' changes.

My question is .. should I wait until the 2021 arrives ? Since it's a new design will that depreciate my 2019 more then the regular depreciation?

Any input is appreciated!
Are they offering zero percent financing? Personally I like the styling better on the 2019 then on the 2021. Couple that with the zero percent offer and it was a no brainer for me to make a move. I drove a Ford Explorer XLT after test driving the Atlas and the Explorer, driving wise, probably did a better job convincing me the Atlas was the choice for me then anything I read or was told by the VW salesman.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input! They are offering a $6k incentive off the MSRP plus a very good finance rate.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ehhh $6k is ok. Not bad, but depending on timing, people were getting upwards of $9k off of MSRP.
I was able to get about $8k off mine. a 2019 bought in Aug. of 2019.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently purchased a 2019 Atlas. So far I love this car. Our 2019 has a DVD player in the glove box, I was told that later models did not have that option. The 0% interest rate was a real incentive as well.

·
Registered
2020 Atlas V6 SE w/ Technology R-Line
36 Posts
I recently purchased a 2019 Atlas. So far I love this car. Our 2019 has a DVD player in the glove box, I was told that later models did not have that option. The 0% interest rate was a real incentive as well.
I just noticed I had that optical drive in the glove box and the sd card slot too, i just figured it was a cd player for the radio or something. Had no idea it was a dvd player, do some of these come with displays in the headrests or something?

·
Registered
331 Posts
It really depends on the dealership how much they are willing to deduct off list. They pay basically the same for a 2021 as they would for a 2019. Usually, the cars are free on their lot for 90 days, after that they start paying interest to the car manufacturer until sold. From what I see, a 2021 is about $2K off list, a 2020 are rare and varies from $4-6K off list and 2019's for $8-9K off list, if you can find one you like.
I live in NJ and I went to Virginia, a 3-1/2 hour drive and saved a bunch (over $8k). I don't let the dealerships waste my time. I have been buying cars online since 2000. With the Atlas, I figured what model, color and options I wanted and used cargurus.com to locate the car and then talked to a salesperson. Some don't add freight, some tell you the price, then add this and that, bonus for financing, etc. The saleperson wrote up the deal and I gave them $1000 on my credit card, with the balance due on pickup. NJ they had the same car I wanted but the best they could do was $4-5K off list.
I was driving my new Atlas home from Virginia when the NJ dealer called and asked me if I was still interested in buying. I told him that I expected about $8K off list. He laughed at me and said no one could sell a new Atlas for that price.Then, when I told him that I was buying the same car in Virginia, he said he would match the Virginia price. Go figure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just noticed I had that optical drive in the glove box and the sd card slot too, i just figured it was a cd player for the radio or something. Had no idea it was a dvd player, do some of these come with displays in the headrests or something?
Sorry, I think it is a C.D. Player...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ehhh $6k is ok. Not bad, but depending on timing, people were getting upwards of $9k off of MSRP.
I was able to get about $8k off mine. a 2019 bought in Aug. of 2019.
I bought a 2019 in February 2020. Got $7k off SE with tech and v6, sticker was $42,025. 6yr, 72k bumper to bumper warranty. 2020 had 4yr 50k warranty. Captains seats middle row. Trailer hitch, power hatch, front WD, 20 INCH rims w/continetal tires, back compartment shade, full sun roof, roof rails, Homelink and I had steps put on for my short wife $900. They hacked the crap out of the plastic under panels. Before u get the steps, show them and the technician the youtube video how it should be done. CD player and SD Card slot up to 512 gb for music media. Shows up on the screen with album covers. Nice touch along with android nav from my phone, no expensive updates. Average 22.5 mpg running from Myrtle Beach to CT doing 75 to 80 on I95. I had an 2013 Audi A6 breaking alot and expensive to fix, the VW has similar features and the great warranty. Sorry about the rambling

1 - 10 of 10 Posts