Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a brand new Atlas in February. The heating system seems a bit weird and I am wondering if there is an issue or I am just not used to it (this is my first VW). While driving I typically use the Auto setting. I have to have it set to 23 degrees celsius for it to be "comfortable". After an extended period (likely after the temp in the cabin reaches what it thinks is the desired setting), the vehicle starts to blow what feels like cold air. It seems very drafty. You then become chilled, and so then I turn up the setting by .5 or 1 degree. It "warms" up, but then after an extended period, you can feel a drat again - and it's cool air from the vents. I decided to see what would happen if I took it out of Auto - and basically I have the same results, besides the fact that I can turn down the fan a bit so that it doesn't seem as drafty. It was 12 degrees C here yesterday and during our 1.5 hour drive I ended up having the temp set to 25 degrees C. I am curious to see what will happen in the summer months when it warms up here (I am in Saskatchewan, Canada).

I took it to the dealership back in March and they stated "Vent and floor temps were read at 76 and 81 degrees on Hi as directed in Auto and compared with infra red thermometer was within 7 degrees for specification"....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts