Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brand new 2019 Atlas, 1825km done so far and I got a check engine light that came on and stayed on. Taking it in for a check tomorrow.

Brake dust is heavy on the front wheels and sticks to the wheels. Seperate appointment on Saturday to check this issue.

So far I am pleased with the performance of the vehicle but the above two issues are making me wonder about my choice of vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
511 Posts
Heavy brake dust = 100% normal on VWs. Had it on all three of mine. Pad compound related. Will taper in a few 1000 miles. Prepare for "it's normal"...which it is.

·
Registered
31 Posts
+1 on the brake dust being normal for VW's I currently own three and do my own brakes and yes they all are very, very messy...stains my driveway with black dust if I wait too long between washes (the Touareg is way worse btw for brake dust). The solution is just using the car wash more often...

·
Registered
1 Posts
My brand new 2019 Atlas, 1825km done so far and I got a check engine light that came on and stayed on. Taking it in for a check tomorrow.

Brake dust is heavy on the front wheels and sticks to the wheels. Seperate appointment on Saturday to check this issue.

So far I am pleased with the performance of the vehicle but the above two issues are making me wonder about my choice of vehicle.
We picked ours up last week brand new, and it just came on today. Hope that this is not a sign of things to come. Finger crossed

·
Registered
188 Posts
What's your opinion on ceramic brake pads?
Most quality brake pads are ceramic these days. They used to be very hard on braking, but they have evolved to be probably the standard for brake material. Also, much less brake dust than semi metallic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts