Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you guys might know, VW recently did a recall for some Atlas's to inspect the 2nd row seat belts. The reason was that for folks using 3 car seats in the second row, if you didn't use a middle car seat base 12.6 wide or less, it could damage the outer seat belts.

Ok, stage set.. I've been trying to work with my dealership and VW directly for weeks after not being able to find a base less than 12.6 wide anywhere. Not one person can provide a solution, yet they advertise 3 car seats everywhere. Anyone experienced this? Anyone have a car seat that fits the requirements (not a booster)? I literally can't find one anywhere and it seems the only solution from VW is to using non-compliant car seat bases and just damage the vehicle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We had the same need for 3 car seats. Glad those days are behind us now =)
But we bought sunshine kid, now Diono as they has super narrow bases and you could easily fit 3 across on the back seat.
Here is a link.
https://us.diono.com/product/radian-3-r/

I could not find measurements so I don't know if it is 12.5" or not?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure for what age you need, but when our son was under a year old, we used the Nuna Pipa and loved it. The car seat base dimensions are 8.3” x 22.8” x 12.2”. We've since moved him up to the Nuna Rava which is good for 5-65 lbs. (rear- and front-facing modes). The dimensions of this model are 25” x 19” x 16”.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts