Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Volkswagen’s mid-size, 7-seat SUV starts at an affordable $31,425 and that’s including the standard $925 destination fee.

Set to appear on showroom floors this May, the Atlas will be offered in five trims: S, SE, SE with Technology Package, SEL and SEL Premium. The standard S trim will set you back $31,425 and that will get you a 238-horsepower turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-4 engine with front-wheel drive. There’s also an optional 280-hp 3.6-liter V-6 variant for $32,825. Add on the V-6 exclusive all-wheel drive system and the Atlas S trim will cost you $34,625.

An even more costly 3.6-liter VR6-powered AWD Atlas SEL Premium is priced at $49,415 and that’s not including the $1,960 R-Line package that’s offered for SE and SEL trims.

Even if you don’t spring for the top-of-the-line Atlas, there’s still plenty of features in the base model. All trims come with an 8-speed automatic transmission, 18-inch alloys, LED headlights, rearview camera, a 6.5-inch infotainment system, smartphone integration, a 6-speaker sound system and privacy glass.

If your budget runs a bit higher, the more expensive trims will include a 12-speaker Fender sound system, a digital instrument cluster, a surround-view camera, electronic driver assist package and more. AutoWeek has kindly embedded the pricing and feature sheets for your perusal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That VR6 powered Atlas takes quite a huge price jump but is it really worth it? That's a tough decision to make. I still wish that the 2.0L turbo could be offered in AWD as well.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well for one, someone who knows a bit of the history behind that powerplant might start to see the value behind it and personally its more of a reason for me to buy. Plus if theres anything more an SUV like this can use its power from a reliable and proven source.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I for one have seen the capabilities of the older VR6 engines and they are definitely worth it. They put up with abuse extremely well. I have a few buddies with huge turbo VR6 swaps and they are nothing shy of mind blasting lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts