Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2018 SE VW Atlas 4motion w/tech with 29,000 miles, and the dealership says they either cannot diagnose or replicate the issue, or they send it back to me claiming they found the problem and it’s fixed….

First time it happened I was in my kids car rider line for school, no big deal. Second time it starts jerking while breaking at low speeds, then will stall. After picking it up from the dealership (they just fixed the Catalytic converter recall) it drives great if I’m only driving less then 15 mins, anything longer the STOP/START ERROR message appears and stalls while I’m driving.
Second time they replaced sensors. Again worked, I don’t drive much just back and forth to kids functions, school, etc. anything longer then 15 mins I’ll stall. The cars been sitting at the dealership going on 14 days. Called last Friday, they couldn’t duplicate issue. Called today, the tech is off work, and won’t answer the phone, so no update. Sitting currently on hold with VWOA. Have yet to talk to anymore 52 mins in.

what to do? How do I start the buyback?

update VWOA was less then helpful, they actually told me to pick up the vehicle and drive it to another dealership.

I’m in South Carolina, and do not meet the lemon law qualifications.

any advice or insight would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
Be a pest!!!
Call the dealership and keep on calling. Call the VW franchise owner, the salesperson, the sales and service managers daily. Threaten to contact the local news station and do it anyway, sometime they like to get involved if not a lot of other news to report. Call back VWOA daily. Write a letter to Volkswagen, use social media. They will get the message.
I hope you have a loaner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be a pest!!!
Call the dealership and keep on calling. Call the VW franchise owner, the salesperson, the sales and service managers daily. Threaten to contact the local news station and do it anyway, sometime they like to get involved if not a lot of other news to report. Call back VWOA daily. Write a letter to Volkswagen, use social media. They will get the message.
I hope you have a loaner.

VWOA started a case number, I’ve got plans to move the car to another dealer, near by but they won’t be able to look at it until dec 6, no loaner as of now. “Shortage of rentals” spoke to someone at the other dealership, he said they’ve seen a few vehicles with same issue, they replaced the N80 valve? Hopefully something works.

·
Super Moderator
1,048 Posts
Also v. helpful to capture anything like this on video but I know that can be challenging - helps to show the dealer exactly what it is doing. Stay on it and good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts