Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Atlas owners. New to the forum. Has anyone else had an issue with the paint starting to peel on a wheel or wheels? When the vehicle was new, found one wheel to have a rough finish. Almost like some trash in the paint. Didn’t cause a stink (big mistake) because while checking the vehicle on purchase day, a few paint imperfections were found. The dealer ordered a touch up kit. Figured if I said something about it, it would be a repeat procedure. 50,000 miles later and the rough finish is starting to delaminate. During the last routine service, pointed it out to service and the manager took photos and said it was up to VW whether they cover it or not. The service writer gave little hope that it would be covered. In his words “don’t hold your breath“. They said it could be road grime or wheel cleaner. This vehicle has never had any sort of wheel cleaner applied and if it was road grime, why just one wheel? I’m calling BS. This vehicle is meticulously cared for. The dealer does a courtesy car wash after service in their automatic car wash. They know not to put our vehicle in this crummy car wash. Two weeks since and not a peep. I even opened up a separate case with corporate and nothing from them either. If VW doesn’t do something about it, it will be 1st&last. Not when checking other manufacturer forums and they cover this issue under warranty. If you have any suggestion, please post them. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Greetings Atlas owners. New to the forum. Has anyone else had an issue with the paint starting to peel on a wheel or wheels? When the vehicle was new, found one wheel to have a rough finish. Almost like some trash in the paint. Didn’t cause a stink (big mistake) because while checking the vehicle on purchase day, a few paint imperfections were found. The dealer ordered a touch up kit. Figured if I said something about it, it would be a repeat procedure. 50,000 miles later and the rough finish is starting to delaminate. During the last routine service, pointed it out to service and the manager took photos and said it was up to VW whether they cover it or not. The service writer gave little hope that it would be covered. In his words “don’t hold your breath“. They said it could be road grime or wheel cleaner. This vehicle has never had any sort of wheel cleaner applied and if it was road grime, why just one wheel? I’m calling BS. This vehicle is meticulously cared for. The dealer does a courtesy car wash after service in their automatic car wash. They know not to put our vehicle in this crummy car wash. Two weeks since and not a peep. I even opened up a separate case with corporate and nothing from them either. If VW doesn’t do something about it, it will be 1st&last. Not when checking other manufacturer forums and they cover this issue under warranty. If you have any suggestion, please post them. Thanks in advance.
I have the same wheels and same problem, paint peeling off 2 wheels. Been going on for almost a year. The dealer does njot seem to want to deal with it. VW should repaint or replace on my 2019 SE wheels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts