Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand New Atlas only 800 miles on it and already Problems with the front Strut.Wierd noise,specially when you cross bump or braking.We brought it back to the dealership and they replaced the Strut Mount on the Driver and the Passenger side and the noise is still there.I think I made horrible mistake traiding my 2013 Touareg(executive edition) for this cheap made SUV. Well you’re getting what you are paying.Now They are trying to fix this problem,Yes problem on Brand New Car.......I don’t Think they will fix it. It’s just poor build vehicle..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wow I can't believe you have such serious problems on such a new vehicle. Im assuming this issue is being fixed under warranty at least? Hopefully the dealer is able to find a solution for the issue..and if they aren't then what are your next steps?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is still in the dealership,they are trying to fix the problem but I don’t know if I want this car anymore,so far they disamble and assembled twice the mount strut. The noise is still there. Should I ask for buy out from the dealer? I think is cheep materials and parts used for the Atlas. It will be a lots of problems,,I miss my Touareg

·
Registered
119 Posts
We're your strut problems fixed as has it proven to be an unsolvable problem? Is it just a noise that you've been having to deal with or has it impacted the suspensions performance as well? I don't know if this is a big enough problem to consider a buy out. There are other owners on here with much more severe issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 1200 miles on mine and took it into the dealership today for the same issues. Sure enough, front strut assembly replacement. Hopefully I get it back tomorrow afternoon. Are you still experiencing this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had noise coming from the front of my new Atlas as well. Dealer diagnosed the problem to the protective covers on the left and right struts. New covers and one time use bolts were ordered and installed, and now I don't hear that noise anymore. Perhaps the same issue you are facing, so this may be worth exploring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Front strut problem

Had the same problem on SEL Premium, front passenger side strut. It's been replaced once, at the dealer being looked at again. Seems there are a few others having the same issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2018 SEL premium with 700 miles, went in for front strut problems as well. Car was making sound (almost like something was stuck in the wheels/flat tire thump). They supposedly fixed the problem. 3 weeks later and the car is back with them for the same exact issue. I am regretting getting this car. I already have had calls with corporate to try and void this lease. Very unhappy with this car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem here...Bought SEL Premium end of March. They said they needed to order a part but did not say but it is the suspension. I'll update later with the repair info. I live in Chattanooga and know they did close the VW Atlas production lines in Feb or March to retool machines or something maybe these were the first to come off the line?
The Chattanooga Times Free Press reports the Chattanooga plant will have a non-production period in March, dedicated to training hourly employees and retooling the plant to boost production of the Atlas SUV, followed by another period in April that will see a mandatory shutdown.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got a new Atlas beginning of April 2018. About 500 Miles and I started hearing this noise. Brought it back to the dealer. They told me that they don't know but have been having complaints about this and few customers came in with this same problem. They told me that they replaced struts for them but dont really think that is the problem. I was told that they will start with replacing the ball bearings... did that and about 3 weeks later, having the same issue. It was find after whatever they did but I am back to square 1. I was told that they will replace the struts this time.. its covered under the warranty and all and I get a loaner every time I go in for this but its a big hassle!

·
Registered
7 Posts
+1 on the Strut replacement.
Dropped the Atlas because of an airbag issue, and i mentioned them the noise coming from the suspension, and they are replacing the struts as we speak.

·
Registered
7 Posts
picked the car up after the strut replacement. Everything fixed now, and now it runs like new... well actually better than new!
(all covered under warranty).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased my 2018 Atlas SEL Premium about 3 weeks ago and took it in today for "squirrel cage" noise from left front. Service Manager drove it with me riding along and heard the noise. The noise seems to be more audible when the strut is moving over bumps or ramps at the dealership and moving at parking lot speeds. The noise was noticeable at about 240 miles and the vehicle turned 300 miles this morning on the way to the dealer. Will post outcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update on squirrel cage noise

I purchased my 2018 Atlas SEL Premium about 3 weeks ago and took it in today for "squirrel cage" noise from left front. Service Manager drove it with me riding along and heard the noise. The noise seems to be more audible when the strut is moving over bumps or ramps at the dealership and moving at parking lot speeds. The noise was noticeable at about 240 miles and the vehicle turned 300 miles this morning on the way to the dealer. Will post outcome.
Update--The dealer has ordered left front shock, spring and shock mount. They think it is bad strut from the factory. Will be in Monday so have loaner over the weekend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought my 2018 Atlas SE Tech back in March of 2018 and put about 1,300 miles on it before we started to hear a pop sound when we were going less than 10 mph (pulling into parking lot or driveway)
Service dept at dealer tried to order new struts but they said they are on back order. They said that the technical department at VW told them there was a memo in the works in regard to the issue...
He claims that it will not do any damage to continue to drive it in the interim, Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update--The dealer has ordered left front shock, spring and shock mount. They think it is bad strut from the factory. Will be in Monday so have loaner over the weekend.

Update-New parts have been installed and the noise is gone. So far so good. Great service from Flow Automotive.:|

1 - 20 of 34 Posts