Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Atlas has been in the shop at least 8 times over the past 2 years I’ve owned it. My mileage decreased significantly, when pumping it would always stop pumping like it was full so I could only pump by squeezing the pump a little bit, there was one other issue that went with that but I can’t remember it. I had to have the whole fuel system replaced (warranty). My warranty has now expired 6 mos ago. 2-3 months ago I had a coolant leak that got worse and worse (no overheating just all leaking out), finally they had to replace my water pump, pulleys and serpentine belt ($1700). Now I started recently overheating, fast. Had to pay to tow it to the dealer ($150). They told me they thought it was the thermostat so they replaced it and flushed the coolant ($1000 total) and that didn’t fix it. so they told me the only thing to do was a combustion test ($350) and maybe 2 different diagnostic tests after that ($170 each). It failed the combustion so there is a crack in the engine somewhere. Mechanic said to replace the engine would be atrocious and recommended trading it in. How I’m supposed to trade in this POS broken I don’t know but will find out when I go there tomorrow to find out what I’m supposed to do (and bitch). $35k for a brand new car to last 2 years ?

·
Super Moderator
571 Posts
Wow....you really racked up the miles! You mean a compression test - it sounds like you have a bad head gasket which has been a common issue w/r the coolant leak. Do some searching - almost all of the coolant leak Atlas conversations on here, vwvortex, and the FB pages reference it and VW has fixed this on my vehicles. I would arm myself with info and reach out to VW to see about a "good will" repair.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts