Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Hold out for something that is Certified Preowned and still has warranty. You could probably find a 2019 V6 with less miles on it for a couple thousand more and get good warranty coverage. Otherwise its a gamble IMO.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hold out for something that is Certified Preowned and still has warranty. You could probably find a 2019 V6 with less miles on it for a couple thousand more and get good warranty coverage. Otherwise its a gamble IMO.

I get you. What about getting the 2.0 instead of the v6? I feel sketchy about the 80k miles, what would you recommend for a 2019 --- 50kish?

· Registered
5 Posts
Look for a '19 under 60k that is Certified Preowned by a VW dealer. They are out there and generally around $33-36k for a V6 SEL FWD. 4Motion AWD adds about $1900. It would still have 2-3 years of original warranty plus another 1 year, 12K mile add on warranty for being Certified. Then drive the heck out of it for the next 4 years. If you like fixing cars (a lot of VW owners love it) then the one you posted is fine. My preference is for the v6. It is more reliable (not turbo).

· Super Moderator
1,365 Posts
Hey all, I'm considering buying this Atlas with 80k miles for 20k, is this a bad deal? what kind of maintenance should I expect for a car this used?

I would buy it - but I'm not a person that worries about things like this. If you are worried, just buy the pre-paid repair deal ("extended" warranty, whatever you want to call it...really an insurance product). Maintenance is v. simple on VWs contrary to what many think. At 80K the vehicle should have had the auto transmission fluid/filter changed. 60K was plugs. Air filter/cabin filter - easy DIYs for $40 at Walmart. Oil changes. If it's awd, the r. Haldex clutch fluid should have been changed at least once as well as the brake fluid. Brakes/tires/batteries are wear items any vcehicle you buy used will need at some point. CPO is just making it cost more vs. non-CPO b/c of a warranty - you may do better not getting CPO and shopping for a warranty. CPO isn't all folks make it out to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts