Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we purchased our Atlas the service manager said to use the factory oil filter when doing an oil change. He said aftermarket filters don't flow enough oil and will starve the engine compared to the factory one. I've never heard of this, but I've never owned a VW or a vehicle that has an internal cartridge filter.

From what I've found, the factory is a Mahle W0133-2888178. Is this correct... has anyone used an aftermarket filter, Wix, Mann or any other brand and had any issues with it?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kinda what I wondered but didn't really have a leg to stand on with my VW knowledge. I have the whole Castrol oil change kit in my cart on ECS Tunings page, seems like a good deal vs buying it all individually.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
294 Posts
Kinda what I wondered but didn't really have a leg to stand on with my VW knowledge. I have the whole Castrol oil change kit in my cart on ECS Tunings page, seems like a good deal vs buying it all individually.
Thanks
You can just go to Walmart and buy either Castrol or Mobil 1 0W40, both of which are VW502 00 approved and very high quality for much less than the ECS kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts