Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 550 miles I have taken my 1st MPG reading. With 75 hwy. & 25 city driving I am getting 23.4 MPG. Kind of surprised with this, thought it would be slightly lower.
I realize its early to check MPG so lets see what I get after a few thousand miles?
No other issues as of yet. Extremely happy with our new Atlas, we needed a larger SUV then our previous Audi Q 5 and this so far fits the bill.

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's pretty impressive fuel economy in a vehicle of this size. I think down the line we'll be seeing VW placing their new mild hybrid systems that they are putting in the new Golf.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took Reading

How did you "take" this reading? What was your average speed over that period?
I just took the miles traveled and divided by the gallons purchased on the fill up. Where can I find the average speed reading? That would be neat for the next time I check MPG.

·
Super Moderator
594 Posts
In teh infotainment it gives you mileage since fill-up, mileage since start, and an extended mileage. It will show you the avg. speed for each and helps put things in perspective when people are losing their minds about crappy mpgs and they look at have an avg. speed of 15..ahahhaahahah

·
Registered
13 Posts
Total mileage: 1072

Best fuel economy 23.9 MPG
Avg Speed: 62mph

This was on a recent trip ~200 miles

Reactions: Xbnch001
1 - 6 of 6 Posts