Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

Registered
2020 Atlas V6 SE w/ Technology R-Line
Yeah it's expensive but I think it's in line with my price expectations. My last car the exhaust was about 700, they cheapest one I ever installed was a 400 dollar pacesetter back in the day and sometimes you get what you pay for 馃槅.

I'm not really a fan of the wookie pipe tbh. There's another video of this exhaust, more of the sound quality it has. I wonder about the drone though it doesn't seem like it will have an issue with it, seems pretty clean and minimal.

I want to get it but also I don't want to haha, my last car was loud and Im kinda liking the quietness of the Atlas but I do think it would definitely make it a little funner to drive day to day.

Once in a while you can get discount codes on this kinda stuff so for now I'm thinking about it maybe in the future. I still have the ugly incandescent fog lights on mine 馃樀 but it's an RLine and I haven't fooled around yet with the fog light assembly, it looks different then the tutorials on here though so I'm kinda in limbo for the time being.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Yeah it's expensive but I think it's in line with my price expectations. My last car the exhaust was about 700, they cheapest one I ever installed was a 400 dollar pacesetter back in the day and sometimes you get what you pay for 馃槅.

I'm not really a fan of the wookie pipe tbh. There's another video of this exhaust, more of the sound quality it has. I wonder about the drone though it doesn't seem like it will have an issue with it, seems pretty clean and minimal.

I want to get it but also I don't want to haha, my last car was loud and Im kinda liking the quietness of the Atlas but I do think it would definitely make it a little funner to drive day to day.

Once in a while you can get discount codes on this kinda stuff so for now I'm thinking about it maybe in the future. I still have the ugly incandescent fog lights on mine 馃樀 but it's an RLine and I haven't fooled around yet with the fog light assembly, it looks different then the tutorials on here though so I'm kinda in limbo for the time being.
Any reason your not a fan of the wookie pipe? I just want to know if I should re-think my decision

I know what you mean about having it be so loud, my wife says she would be okay with it being loud she just hates drone. I have seen so many videos of a few different setups but you really don't know until you hear it in person, I keep going back and forth on what to do. I was thinking just start with the resonator delete and possibly switch to high flow muffler.

Fog lights should be straight forward, I was planning on my painting the plastic trim black in a few weeks.

Registered
2020 Atlas V6 SE w/ Technology R-Line
The video I saw with the wookie pipe, to me it sounded kinda raspy, that's what my hold up on it was but its been a while since i gave it another listen. From what I remember there was no drone, only on wot you could hear it so it might be just what you're looking for in that regard.

Yeah I just haven't even really messed with it, the fog housing probably the same its just the exterior trim that is different. When it gets wamer Ill prob take the time to mess with it a little. The deauto fogs look nice, thats prob what I'd get.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Finally did the oil change long over due and also changed the wiper blades, realized I forgot to order the rear blade. I think its time for new tires sitting on 34K miles with the originals.

Link to Wiper Blades - Here

Registered
I did a resonator delete. TOTALLY love it! :) taking off (once you hit about 2500 RPM...) after a cold start, it is a bit extra raspy or 'crackly'? Not sure how to describe it? Borderline unpleasant tbh... However after its warmed up, I personally really really like the sound! Took a 3500 mile trip and honestly, the wind noise in the front seats from the cargo box on top was louder/more annoying than the exhaust sound in the rear seat while cruising... No drone while cruising but definitely gives a nice sound (at a nice volume) when you get on it!
I was curious how the weather tech mats compare to the VW monster mats? I really like the VW mats and am wondering if the weather tech ones are really a huge gain?
Love seeing the build progress! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I did a resonator delete. TOTALLY love it! :) taking off (once you hit about 2500 RPM...) after a cold start, it is a bit extra raspy or 'crackly'? Not sure how to describe it? Borderline unpleasant tbh... However after its warmed up, I personally really really like the sound! Took a 3500 mile trip and honestly, the wind noise in the front seats from the cargo box on top was louder/more annoying than the exhaust sound in the rear seat while cruising... No drone while cruising but definitely gives a nice sound (at a nice volume) when you get on it!
I was curious how the weather tech mats compare to the VW monster mats? I really like the VW mats and am wondering if the weather tech ones are really a huge gain?
Love seeing the build progress! :)
I'm now on the whole muffler delete option again, gonna give myself some more time to think about it.

For the mats the main reason why I go went with Weather Tech is because they are molded in a way to keep all the dirt in and off the interior matts. Not sure about he shape of the Monster mats but I usually always go with either Husky Liners or Weather Tech there is no comparing their quality. To me, keeping the car interior in great condition is worth it the in the long run which is worth the gain.

Hoping to get wheels and some exhaust setup this year. If only this forum had a sponsor

Registered
I'm now on the whole muffler delete option again, gonna give myself some more time to think about it.

For the mats the main reason why I go went with Weather Tech is because they are molded in a way to keep all the dirt in and off the interior matts. Not sure about he shape of the Monster mats but I usually always go with either Husky Liners or Weather Tech there is no comparing their quality. To me, keeping the car interior in great condition is worth it the in the long run which is worth the gain.

Hoping to get wheels and some exhaust setup this year. If only this forum had a sponsor
Keep us posted on the exhaust! :) I鈥檝e seen some videos of complete muffler deleted and it sounds pretty legit but I didn鈥檛 do it because I was afraid of having too much drone! But I鈥檇 be very interested in what you find鈥 might need to do more to mine! :)
Monster mats鈥 I think that鈥檚 what you call the OEM mats you had in the earlier pictures? That鈥檚 what we have and I like them so much better than carpet floor mats but wondered if the weather tech was a huge upgrade鈥

Registered
2019 exec line R line
Keep us posted on the exhaust! :) I鈥檝e seen some videos of complete muffler deleted and it sounds pretty legit but I didn鈥檛 do it because I was afraid of having too much drone! But I鈥檇 be very interested in what you find鈥 might need to do more to mine! :)
Monster mats鈥 I think that鈥檚 what you call the OEM mats you had in the earlier pictures? That鈥檚 what we have and I like them so much better than carpet floor mats but wondered if the weather tech was a huge upgrade鈥
Hi Guys,

i did it and Iwent back to only resonator delete. It was impossible to cope with the drone noise when rolling. I am the one that posted the videos on YouTube with only resonator delete and the resonator and muffler delete (white R line). You cannot really tell on the videos but in person it is just horrible. Only after 5000rpm the drone would disappear. Don鈥檛 do it! I will do the cold air intake soon and I鈥檓 sure with the resonator delete it will sound just perfect.

Registered
just got 2019 atlas se technology with v6 dose anyone have advice on good dropin filter perfibly dry reusable i ran afe in my challenger but had get bigger car as kids are at pet and sports age know and i missed the woods so just looking for some things to pep it up a bit

Registered
just got 2019 atlas se technology with v6 dose anyone have advice on good dropin filter perfibly dry reusable i ran afe in my challenger but had get bigger car as kids are at pet and sports age know and i missed the woods so just looking for some things to pep it up a bit
K&N drop in filters belong in every vehicle.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
K&N is your best bet but you won't see any pep unless you get a full intake system and there are not that many on the market for the Atlas right now. I reached out to K&N for using my vehicle as a tech vehicle to develop their intake but it was a no go.

From what I have found there is the aFe intake which I have and the S&B intake.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Forgot to take pictures but I did the front brakes and rotors, drivers side caliper was making a bunch of noise I thought it was the rotor went to change them and noticed that the bottom caliper bolt was missing and the only caliper was off the rotor. Got lucky no serious damage was done and was also lucky that the brakes worked just fine. I went ahead just changed both sides since I already had the parts.

Knocked out another oil change and replaced the cabin air filter too.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Coolant light has been going off for about a week now it turns on then off at random times. I have checked the level seems to be good, looks like this is a common issue with the '18 Atlas. May need to take it into dealership for a check up.

Registered
2021 Atlas 2.0T SE with technology 4Motion AWD
I saw someone post a picture of purchasing this and installing it, looks solid. I may replace later if the my current plastic skid plate breaks.
I worry a little about galvanic corrosion. I'd like to hear some stories from people that have put aluminum skid plates on their cars.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Finally got around to getting the car tinted, went with 15% on the front windows
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Also an update I sold the crossbars and roof rack for $40 profit, seeing way more Atlas's on the road now

61 - 79 of 79 Posts