Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts

We almost lost the Atlas a couple days ago.

White Corolla ran a red light, hit the car next to me, then proceeded to flee the scene. The white Corolla spun out twice went over a median and drove off but was followed by a couple other drivers. He apparently went back to his house ripped the bumper off then drove off again, turned into a huge scene because the cops could not find him they called in the Chopper.

Hopefully this convinces people to get a dash camera in their car.
Which dash cam did you go with?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Which dash cam did you go with?
1) Installed the front dash camera
Link to Dash Cam - Here
Link to Hardwire Kit - Here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going to post an update soon regarding the rear dash cam I just installed, debating between two cameras right now can't decide which one to use.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Installed a rear dash camera last week but I won't be posting the link to the camera because its been giving me some serious issues (wierd clicking noise and the voice on the cam keeps going off about the time sync issues), working with the company to resolve this issue but I would avoid 70mai dash cams. Hopefully I can get this resolved soon worst case I will just get another camera since all the hardwork is done.

I used an inline fuse again and was able to find another fuse that worked with this setup (car turns and camera turns/car turns off, camera turns off). I am not sure what this fuse is specifically for but it does the job. I have included a few pictures of the way I ran the wiring in red, all the pieces along the edge of the vehicle just pop out and you can tuck the wire in. The rear truck panel was extremely easy to take off it just pops out but you have to use some force. I was able to slip the wire through the existing wire tubing so this made the wiring even more hidden.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Link to Dash Cam

Got a refund on the broken rear dash cam and ordered a different one. I tried to find the smallest dash cam that available.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Atlas looks sick! Any updates on it? We are picking up the wife a new 2021.5 atlas execline with rline package in next couple weeks just wondering if there is an aftermarket skid plate for these vehicles?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Atlas looks sick! Any updates on it? We are picking up the wife a new 2021.5 atlas execline with rline package in next couple weeks just wondering if there is an aftermarket skid plate for these vehicles?
Thanks bro, haven't done much for a few months now. I am looking into to modify the exhaust but so confused about what setup to go with (just the resonator delete, resonator delete with high flow muffler, or just a high flow muffler).

Those 2021's look so sick, I haven't seen any skid plates personally for this vehicle. Maybe someone on here has custom fabricated one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks bro, haven't done much for a few months now. I am looking into to modify the exhaust but so confused about what setup to go with (just the resonator delete, resonator delete with high flow muffler, or just a high flow muffler).

Those 2021's look so sick, I haven't seen any skid plates personally for this vehicle. Maybe someone on here has custom fabricated one.
I actually like the older look with the squared front end better haha looks more rugged in my opinion.

Yeah the exhaust I would be lost on....you should make a YouTube channel and video all your mods!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just read through your thread, I really like how your Atlas is coming along.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who spilled oil everywhere changing the oil lol.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I actually like the older look with the squared front end better haha looks more rugged in my opinion.

Yeah the exhaust I would be lost on....you should make a YouTube channel and video all your mods!
Exhaust will be the second to last thing I do the last being wheels. I actually do have channel, I just don't post enough actively to get it going. I might just make a video going through each mod I have done so far.

I just read through your thread, I really like how your Atlas is coming along.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who spilled oil everywhere changing the oil lol.
Did my second oil change a coupe months ago and it wasn't that bad but that stupid oil filter is such a horrible design its very hard not to drop any oil

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Feeding the beast, these 20's are killing my mpg. I feel like we fill up every week now

·
Registered
283 Posts
Feeding the beast, these 20's are killing my mpg. I feel like we fill up every week now
You know what it is.....it's the fact that the Atlas gets sucky gas mileage, but then to make things worse they gave it a small gas tank. Oh, and then they trigger the "low fuel" warning with like 2.5 gallons left! It's the worst combination possible. My light comes on with about 240 miles on the trip odometer. My wife's Grand Cherokee has like a 23 gallon tank and she can go like 430 miles. Our supposedly 18.6 gallon tanks I've never been able to stuff more than 17 gallons in no matter how low it seems.
If you are going to make a vehicle with poor gas mileage you should at least put a bigger tank on board!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
You know what it is.....it's the fact that the Atlas gets sucky gas mileage, but then to make things worse they gave it a small gas tank. Oh, and then they trigger the "low fuel" warning with like 2.5 gallons left! It's the worst combination possible. My light comes on with about 240 miles on the trip odometer. My wife's Grand Cherokee has like a 23 gallon tank and she can go like 430 miles. Our supposedly 18.6 gallon tanks I've never been able to stuff more than 17 gallons in no matter how low it seems.
If you are going to make a vehicle with poor gas mileage you should at least put a bigger tank on board!
Do you have the 18's 19s or 20s? I wanted to wait to buy the new wheels but I need new tires so I was thinking just to buy new wheels with tires and call it a day. Debating between 18s and 19s but not sure about the fuel efficiency. The other thing I don't want to deal with is the speed o meter being so off.

^ I was gonna comment on the small tank. I'd definitely expect something bigger on an SUV this size.
Time for a bigger tank :p

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have the 20's. I don't think there is any difference in fuel economy regardless of tire size.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I have the 20's. I don't think there is any difference in fuel economy regardless of tire size.
Yeah for the OEM's for sure

The 20's from research I have found out weight ~45lbs without the tires the 18s I found weigh ~23lbs so that will make a big difference just trying to mess around with the tire sizes now on see what other people running to find out what size is good.

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas SE w/Tech & 2014 VW Jetta SEL w/Fender Audio
45 Posts
Bump, nice thread!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·

You seen this AFE exhaust? Sounds nice.
I saw it awhile back but $800 seems expensive to me but I'm the last person to talk about expensive I spent a lot on the intake, it does sound good for sure. I wish more companies would make a full exhaust system for this vehicle. I think the big problem is that stupid muffler the shape is so off manufacturing and making those welds can't be cheap thus the reason not that many companies are making it.

I was thinking about buying the ECS Pipe or the wookie pipe for the time being and then having the muffler done later.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts