Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Atlas V6 SE w/ Technology R-Line
48 Posts
****!!! That was a helluva impact. Sorry to hear about this, hope your wife is doing well, what the **** was the deal with the other driver??

Years back, I was driving and a guy ran a stop sign and after collision his car almost ended up through the front of someone's house. Both cars totaled.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sad to report that the Atlas was totaled in a car accident, wife was hurt really bad from the accident, currently on bed rest and thankfully the kids are okay. Atlas held up pretty strong for a T-Bone collision.

Just some crazy luck I suppose but I had swapped the tires the night before the accident which I think helped tremendously in the braking.

View attachment 2434
View attachment 2433
View attachment 2432
View attachment 2430
View attachment 2431
View attachment 2435
Sorry to hear this man! Glad your kids are ok! And sorry to hear about your wife’s injuries! I hope she has a swift recovery!
On a different note, it does give me a good deal peace of mind when I see how seemingly well the Atlas does when involved in a wreck!
I am curious what you plan to replace the atlas with? Another atlas? You had a pretty awesome build going on!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
*!!! That was a helluva impact. Sorry to hear about this, hope your wife is doing well, what the * was the deal with the other driver??

Years back, I was driving and a guy ran a stop sign and after collision his car almost ended up through the front of someone's house. Both cars totaled.
Other driver was just a 16 year old girl that just got her license a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Sorry to hear this man! Glad your kids are ok! And sorry to hear about your wife’s injuries! I hope she has a swift recovery!
On a different note, it does give me a good deal peace of mind when I see how seemingly well the Atlas does when involved in a wreck!
I am curious what you plan to replace the atlas with? Another atlas? You had a pretty awesome build going on!
Still waiting to hear from the adjustor on the value of the car; as you may already know this is literally the worst time to get a car used or new but we have been eyeing either a Highlander or another Atlas.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Still waiting to hear from the adjustor on the value of the car; as you may already know this is literally the worst time to get a car used or new but we have been eyeing either a Highlander or another Atlas.
Yes indeed! Everything seems to be overpriced and stock seems low!
The refreshed Highlander does catch my eye. One of our friends got one and there are things about it that are pretty sharp! Although at the end of the day I like my VWs too much to switch to anything else unless VW is missing something pretty major compared to the competition… lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow! I hope your wife made a complete recovery. The other driver is so at fault, good thing you had the camera hooked up.
I found this thread and was making notes of things I might do to my '21.5 Atlas.

What tires did you get or did I miss that and should read back? I skipped ahead a bit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Wow! I hope your wife made a complete recovery. The other driver is so at fault, good thing you had the camera hooked up.
I found this thread and was making notes of things I might do to my '21.5 Atlas.

What tires did you get or did I miss that and should read back? I skipped ahead a bit.
Thanks, she is still really hurt but has started physical therapy.

I got the Mesa HT tires from NTB, they had some special deal going on for 3 tires for 1.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Just an update because I thought it was worth noting
  • USAA adjustor stated that it was only $12k worth of damage to vehicle and it was repairable (I argued with them stating that it was way more than that)
  • Vehicle was sent to repair shop and they quoted $32k worth of damage
  • USAA finally officially totaled the car and offered $38k for the loss
  • I countered with $42k waiting to hear back from them now

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is 38k a big number already for a 3-4 year old car that was 55/60k new?

good for you pushing for more, I’m impressed at what you’ve been offered so far.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts