looking to buy 2019 atlas premium - Volkswagen Atlas Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

looking to buy 2019 atlas premium

Hi, We are looking to purchase a 2019 atlas premium but are a little concerned as some of the reviews seem quite harsh. We loved to car but we are worried as it seems that all we read are negative reviews. Is there anyone that is very happy with their Atlas? We would love some input and advice. Price for a premium was 51,400....down to 44750. Thank you!!!
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceann Albrecht Vavalle View Post
Hi, We are looking to purchase a 2019 atlas premium but are a little concerned as some of the reviews seem quite harsh. We loved to car but we are worried as it seems that all we read are negative reviews. Is there anyone that is very happy with their Atlas? We would love some input and advice. Price for a premium was 51,400....down to 44750. Thank you!!!
Bought our 2019 Atlas S 4Motion in December and have no regrets. We live in Central California and currently have made a trip to LA, one to San Diego, and just returned from Kansas City. Just coming up on 8,000 miles and gas mileage has averaged about 24 mpg. Everyone that's ridden in it is impressed by the styling, ride comfort, roominess, and ease of 3rd row access.

There have been zero problems, issues, or concerns. None of the noises, electronic glitches, rattles, leaks, failures of any kind, mentioned by others have ever occurred with our Atlas. Just received a recall for a fix on the headlight adjusting screws, but this is the only one to date.

I know this is the base model and higher trim levels may have more potential for issues because of the many additional features. We wanted the cloth seats, factory tow package, 4 Motion, and V6. The S trim and pricing were perfect for our needs.

I feel many of the first production year issues were addressed by VW, and the 2019 models don't seem to bring on near the negative threads that the 2018 models did. The 2019s also have some safety features added that the 2018 didn't offer.

I highly recommend the Atlas and hope this may help with your decision.
Ger CT likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Thank you very much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 06:51 PM

I bought a 2019 SEL Premier back in April and have about 6k miles on it and to this point I love the car. If I were to point out anything about the car is it just feels a little bit under powered but it still rides very well. I get complements about the car quite a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	80F4E1B9-DD7E-4594-A564-BBF335762E1C_1566427873999.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	777  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:21 PM

Talking Love our Atlas

We bought our Atlas SE Premium a little over 2 months ago. We absolutely love it! We have not had a single issue. We use it as our daily driver and for travel. We did find the set up of the Satellite Radio, controls a little "quirky"....different than both GM and Ford....not bad, just different...a little more cumbersome if you will.

My sister has a Loaded Chevy Tahoe. They were surprised to find the interior and cargo space larger on the Atlas. The Tahoe has a bigger stance and wheelbase....but that is needed to house V8. The Atlas is by far more nimble...ride is good...about the only thing the Tahoe beats the Atlas is in towing.

We are really happy that we bought it.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 08:30 PM

We got a 2019 SE 2wd about three months ago. Other than a random O2 sensor error (dealer replaced for free to be safe) we haven't had any other problems. It's been a great vehicle for daily city driving average 20 mpg on my commute to work. My old Subaru Impreza averaged 24 mpg was half the car with half the hp. We love the space, utility, power. We take our first road trip in December and can't wait.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 08:44 PM

We purchased a 2019.5 SEL Premium last month, and so far my wife (it's her car) is happy. At 500 miles the CEL came on, which turned out to be the same O2 sensor issue that Bschaef mentioned. Other than that, no complains. And that really wasn't even a complaint.

I feel like you should be able to get a slightly better price, though. We ended up at $43,500 before tax, fees, etc, but that was incl. $4,000 worth of dealer add-ons (fancy wheels, prepaid maintenance, etc). Keep haggling!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 07:23 PM

We looked at the 19 SEL-P. The dealers here were quoting $44,700-ish online so there was probably a little room. Obviously it depends on where you are.
Ended up buying a used 19 SEL-P for $39,600 with 10k miles on it (all options and a bunch of accessories). Some people complain about the hard plastic interior. Doesn't bother me. Only gripe I have is with the acceleration/shifting. I feel like the transmission programming could be a lot better. Sport mode is an improvement, but could be better still. Otherwise I like the looks, the features, the room, etc.

(coming from a 2011 Sienna anything was bound to be better though - besides the physical interior space and utility - a minivan just can't be beat.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 07:24 PM

Oh, the main reason I went used is because I don't think the features of the SEL-P justify a $5000 markup over the SEL. Leather, stereo, vented seats....just not a $5k upgrade. $2500 maybe.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:09 AM

I've been away from VW since 2001 and during that time I've had numerous brands and owned Audi's and Porsches so I have a good basis to compare this Atlas to and for the money you can't beat it. I just got the SEL Premium this past weekend and am thrilled with the amenities this car has to offer. I'm also glad I'm to get the 2019 as the 2020 had a shorter warranty.