We are thinking of getting an Atlas for my wife and have been eying the SEL Premium model. But she really like the looks of the R-Line; since VW doesn't seem to offer the R-Line trim for/with the SEL Premium features, I guess we'd have to do this manually on our own. So I have a couple of questions...
It seems that you would basically have to replace/add seven items:
- front bumper
- rear bumper
- side skirts
- R-Line side badges
- R-Line grille
- R-Line steering wheel badge
1. Has anyone done this before? If so, can you share your experience (both buying and installing the parts)?
2. Does anyone know what the relevant part numbers would be?
3. Any advice where to purchase these parts?
4. Do the bumpers/side skirts come pre-painted or is that something else we'd have to do at or prior to installation?
5. Any other advice or comments?
I talked to the sales guy at the local dealership about this, who in turn talked to his parts people, but it seems that they have never done this either, and he didn't even know where to begin (hence for example my question #4). Any help would be appreciated.