Atlas shutting itself off - Volkswagen Atlas Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Atlas shutting itself off

I have a 2019 Atlas SE that is shutting down at random times when it is put into park. This is not the auto stop/start feature. It is completely turning the car off and must be restarted again. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 01:01 PM

Garage
Only if I open the driver door with autostop on...then it will shut all the way off and has to be restarted.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw78 View Post
I have a 2019 Atlas SE that is shutting down at random times when it is put into park. This is not the auto stop/start feature. It is completely turning the car off and must be restarted again. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Same here. I put the car in park, it shuts off, so then I have to restart it again to shut of the engine. Have you spoken with anyone at the dealership about it yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 10:54 PM

I have the SEL with digital display so I get a message when this happens. Message says the engine shuts off in Park intentionally to be eco friendly.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck28 View Post
I have the SEL with digital display so I get a message when this happens. Message says the engine shuts off in Park intentionally to be eco friendly.
That's interesting..just doesn't seem like it should shut off immediately like it does. It would make more sense if you were to put your vehicle in park and if it sat in park for more than 30 seconds etc, that it would do that.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas-Kev View Post
That's interesting..just doesn't seem like it should shut off immediately like it does. It would make more sense if you were to put your vehicle in park and if it sat in park for more than 30 seconds etc, that it would do that.
Mine does that too. To avoid that happening, I take the seatbelt off (which I do when I am in a parking situation or shut the Auto Stop/Stat off. If you pay attention to this for a few times you will get used to it and becomes part of every day life. Yes it is annoying when it happens and you go to shut it and restart it instead. However, there is nothing we can do about it as the eco friendly laws are on place and Auto manufacturers need to use those to get their higher MPG ratings to meet Fed Requirements. If anyone is annoyed with this and don't want the feature their is OBD Eleven or Carista to mod and permenatly shut the Auto Stop.

2018 Atlas SEL Premium - Deep Black Pearl with with Titan Black Leather - Sep 2018 Build

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page