Anybody know if I can make our Atlas SE look like an R Line? - Volkswagen Atlas Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Anybody know if I can make our Atlas SE look like an R Line?

Hi All,
We recently purchased ( yesterday) a 2019 Vw Atlas SE 4 motion, the salesman told us that the R Line was just trim and the cost was about 1500 extra. We really liked the look but he didnt have an R line with all the options we wanted and also told us you could not get the R Line with Black Wheels which we really liked ( The Atlas is black as well). So we dont have buyers remorse but we wanted to see if there is an aftermarket R Line trim package that we can buy to make it look a bit more sporty. Any help would be appreciated, we love the Atlas!!
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 02:37 PM

Congrats on the new car! I have not seen many aftermarket body kits or the like for the Atlas yet. Shouldn't be too difficult to find the badging for the exterior and steering wheel clip. I'd keep an eye on tuning companies like ABT who make kits for lots of different VW models.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

R Line emblems and badges

Thanks!
Yes just looking for the badging to dress it up a bit. I saw the parts here and there but wondered if anyone had found a full kit of emblems, I also saw some chrome eyebrow trim above the fog lights but wasnt sure about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 01:30 PM

Look at this link not sure which ones would work on the Atlas as some are for specific VW models. But since most are stick on I don't see why they can't be used on the Atlas

2018 Atlas SEL Premium - Deep Black Pearl with with Titan Black Leather - Sep 2018 Build
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 02:30 PM

I think it might be worth to consider what aftermarket options might be coming and how the cost of them compare to these OEM upgrades.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 06:45 PM

I was also wondering similarly but only
Looking to see if anyone has added the front bumper to the execline atlas. Would be interested in knowing if it’s just simply an R and R project.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 07:14 AM

I think the aftermarket should step up to the plate with a kit to make the Atlas come off as some Audi S model, design wise.
Done right it can really improve the Atlas' aesthetics. Price would be steep however.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 08:09 AM

I think we will most likely see some tuning for the VR6 some time in the near future. They had that on that engine on other models. But from what I see is some possible minor improvements but would be noticeable for it and it would be on premium gas. Yes the 2.6 performs a bit better right now with the premium with probably about 5 to 10 hp gain and then add some Airflow mods plus Ecu tuning we could end up in the 300 range. As to looks wise, well that would be tough to come as there are a lot of other factors due to the electronics and their tuning if changes are made to locations and so on. Right now The main player in tuning would be the 2.0T which could be bumped to over300 hp and lots of torque which will shame the VR6.

If VW sales of Atlas keep going the way it is now and the aftermarket VW players that are there (along with the China players and some Asian players) we could end up seeing some enhancements with 3rd party body parts for it.

2018 Atlas SEL Premium - Deep Black Pearl with with Titan Black Leather - Sep 2018 Build
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:04 PM

Does anyone think we'll see more tuners go for the Atlas Cross?

It is sportier looking and better fits the program of what ought to be tuned for performance.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:17 AM

Pedal covers. R badge on steering wheel. R logo screen to start up. R-Line side badges and grill badge. R-Line wheels. Side skirts. F/R bumper covers. That's all I recall being the difference. I did cheap knock-off pedal covers - $15 and just like the OEM ones. The badging is all out there if you do some searching. Wheels sometimes go up used/take-offs on the FB groups. You can code the start-up screen to say "R-Line" easily with OBDEleven (I actually did this). The bumper/side skirt would be the pain but I'm sure you can get them from a dealer. Seems to be a PITA to dick with to me.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page