Maneuver Braking system - Volkswagen Atlas Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Maneuver Braking system

I brought my Atlas SEL 4 motion last year in September. I saw in some recent discussions that some people mentioned that you can turn on or off the Maneuver Braking system in car menu. I tried looking for it in car menu, but could not find it. Is this feature comes with only SEL Premium or SEL also gets it, and is there any chance that when I bought my car last year, it was not included, and after few months, it was added. Also if I take it to the dealer, do you think it can be added as an update to the software. Any response will be appreciated.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 12:11 PM

Infotainment\car\parking and maneuvering - scroll down to the bottom and you will see "maneuver braking"...turn it off. Have you looked in the manual?...there is info on this in there.

Final note, it doesn't seem to "stick" i.e. comes back on after restart BUT I found if you turn it off 3 times, it will not come back on.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I checked the Infotainment\car\parking and maneuvering menu, but it looks like "maneuver braking" is missing from there. I uploaded the 2 pictures of this menu below and "Rear traffic alert" is the last item in this menu. When I bought the SEL last year on September 28th, the brochure said "maneuver braking" later availability, so I guess my didn't came with this feature. VW might have added it later, and some software update at dealer might add it, not sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0120.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	603   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0119.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	605  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 07:16 AM

I have the regular SEL and have this option in addition to the rear traffic alert. It looks like then your only option is to just turn off the park pilot with the button on the console AND toggle off the "automatic activation" (will need to do it 3x). So strange that they aren't all the same! I assume you are trying to stop it from braking coming in/out of steep ramps/driveways?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Actually, since I don't have this feature, so it's not braking, just beeping. I am trying to understand why is this feature missing from my car, and should I even bother getting it by any software update, if it's causing so many problems for others. I don't like that I paid for SEL 4 motion and my car has does not have it. In your opinion, am I better off without it or should try to get it added.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 07:06 PM

I have the SEL Premium 4 Motion and the Maneuver Braking toggle is in my menu. Found it under Vehicle > Settings > Parking and maneuvering > scroll menu up and Maneuver Braking is available with a box to select to make it Active or not. Having it on has come in handy twice. Additionally having it on has scared the crap out of me twice.

2018 SEL Premium AWD - black ext, tan int, black 20" wheels
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

I bought my SEL 4 motion back on September 28th 2017, build date 05/2017. As per Volkswagen customer support, this feature was added to cars built after this date (11/2017) and there is no way for them to include/add to my car now. I guess after reading all the posts about car breaking while exiting out of driveways for no reason, I convinced my self that it's a good thing that my car does not have this feature, and if others are turning it off all the time, it's the same thing like not having it at the first place.