2019 Atlas Prices Paid!? - Volkswagen Atlas Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

2019 Atlas Prices Paid!?

Hi, new here to the forums!

ADMINS - Can someone please sticky this thread? I've seen other forums for other manufacturers/models where there has been similar "stickied" threads and it has GREATLY helped people in seeing/comparing prices paid across trims lines and feature-sets.

Here are deal details of my recently purchased 2019 Atlas SEL Premium 4Motion:
  • Traded in 2018 Piliot EX-L FWD with 7k miles and got $30k for it
  • Paid difference of $16,200 for the Atlas
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydroatlas View Post

ADMINS - Can someone please sticky this thread? I've seen other forums for other manufacturers/models where there has been similar "stickied" threads and it has GREATLY helped people in seeing/comparing prices paid across trims lines and feature-sets.

May I ask, what made you decide to rid of the Honda? And what was your purchase price of the Honda?

2018 Atlas SEL Premium - Deep Black Pearl with with Titan Black Leather - Sep 2018 Build
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfqkhal View Post
May I ask, what made you decide to rid of the Honda? And what was your purchase price of the Honda?
Good question. Although the Pilot was a practical and perfectly fine car...driving it daily reminded me too much of my wife's Odyssey. In essence the Pilot felt and looked like a lifted Odyssey (in my opinion). It was boring.

I had paid $34K out the door for the Pilot. I have seen my Pilot listed at a dealership now for $33k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 12:32 PM

I know what you mean about the Honda.
From my personal experience, most Hondas these days feel too dated and behind on the times.
Compared to the Atlas' level of modern features, Honda is no match, in fact here we have more Audi DNA than Honda does of Acura.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Good question. Although the Pilot was a practical and perfectly fine car...driving it daily reminded me too much of my wife's Odyssey. In essence the Pilot felt and looked like a lifted Odyssey (in my opinion). It was boring.

I had paid $34K out the door for the Pilot. I have seen my Pilot listed at a dealership now for $33k.
It sure seems like you got a great deal. As to your statement of the Pilot/Odyssey this was exactly how I felt about it when I test drove it. My comments were a minivan that wants to be an SUV and unfortunately I had the same reaction to the Hilander. They are good but I really wanted an SUV that looks like an SUV and in the end the Atlas was the winner. FYI the 3 finalists for me were the Atlas, Landrover Discovery and the Ford Explorer. The explorer lost out quick when I saw the safety tests on it, The Discovery, well I loved it but while test driving it the infotainment froze twice so that pushed the Atlas to top choice. Yes I read the bad reviews on the internet but with so many sold and seeing that the complaints all over are basically from the same people making their rounds all over the internet. luckily, in my area there were many Atlas owners and each and every one of them gave me the thumbs up for it. For me it has been great so far and not a single issue.

2018 Atlas SEL Premium - Deep Black Pearl with with Titan Black Leather - Sep 2018 Build
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 03:40 PM

Honda should look at what Ford and Chevrolet have done in recent years which has been the addition of sportier SUV's. Ever since the new Ford Edge released I have been a big fan, so has other Honda fans I know like myself. Honda has no alternative for us
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 03:19 PM

I have been researching cars for almost a year now. Many test drives under my belt as well. Last summer my wife had her heart set on the new Subaru Ascent so much so that I caught up with a test drive event before they were hitting lots. She liked it so much that we put a deposit down on one. However the delivery date for our new car was missed so many times that we pulled the plug and got our money back. We recently went back to Subaru to drive the Ascent again, and to her surprise she longer liked it. And this is a woman who has put 200K miles on her 09 forester. The reason she longer likes the Ascent in my opinion, I took her to drive an Atlas. I am hooked on getting a 2019 SEL 4motion with captain middle row and 20" rims. Just a matter of getting them to the right price now. To me the Atlas is head and shoulders above all others in its segment on so many levels.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:

I can't speak for Honda's today but I once owned a 1990 Accord EX coupe. Lets just say after that car, Honda's have never been a thought.
Most reliable cars: 1993 Plymouth Voyager SWB, 1984 VW Jetta. And so far, 2009 Jeep Liberty (which I still own)

But with that said (flame on), I just took delivery of a 2019 Altas SEL Pre last night. Right now, I'm having issues with the Rain sensor/intermittent wipers. Meaning, they don't work. Wipers work fine in normal and fast mode. But in INT mode, no matter what position, they don't work. When it's raining, they still don't work.

Now, the cost of the car was around 48k. Minus $3250 for paying cash, $500 military. Time I added the 10/150k warranty, towing hitch hookup. taxes, regs, transfer of plate, was around $50k. I could be off a bit. Think the initial invoice price was $48k. FWIW, this is my 4th VW. 81, 84 Jetta. 2013 Passat TDI SEL Pre (sold back after 3.5 years of driving it). Now the Atlas. I'll do the likes/dislikes after a month or two of driving it.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 12:36 AM

We are coming from owning 2 Toyota Siennas and decided it was time for a big person car again.
We test drove the Honda Pilot and the Toyota Highlander. The Atlas was a bit more expensive than the Pilot and the Highlander but not by much. ($33,000 vs $36,000)
We purchase a 2019 V6 Atlas SE with tech and 4motion for $35,000. We are just in our first week but I absolutely love the car. It drives as nice as either of my Camry XLE V6 that I have owned. I think it is fun to drive and handles well. I love the Apple Car Play. Still learning all the features, love the cruise control and the stay in lane feature. It is the first car we have purchased that I actually fit in, I am 6' 4" and I tend to have my head touch the roof in just about all of the cars we have had or the seat are small. I feel like for the price and what we got, it is a great value and it feels fully loaded. The 6 years or 72,000 mile warranty was very comforting.

Last edited by Baxatlas; 07-25-2019 at 12:45 AM. Reason: spelling =)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 07:30 PM

Is this a good deal? I have not purchased yet. Got the estimate today.

2019 Atlas SEL with R-Line.

Base MSRP not including factory-installed options = 44,585 (includes destination charge)

Has these factory installed options not included in the MSRP above... So combined, they add $960 to the price.

MONSTER MATSŪ️, HEAVY DUTY TRUNK LINER WITH VW CARGO BLOCKS

MSRP: $285

set of 4 Monster Mats w/logo
Heavy Duty Trunk Liner w/VW CarGo Blocks
TOW & BALL MOUNTt, 7-PIN ADAPTER PLUG (5,000lbs)

MSRP: $325

Hitch ball and mount (5
000 lb
tow capacity) and 7-pin adapter plug
PRIVACY COVER (TONNEAU)

MSRP: $200

tonneau privacy cover for cargo area
REAR BUMPER APPLIQUE CHROME

MSRP: $150

So... total 45,300 + 960 = 46,260

Minus dealer savings to customer.
Minus 1250 VW Drive Big rebate

Price is 37,494 flash tax title tag, and 900 dealer fees.

Seem OK??