VW Atlas SEL Premium - Recall related to brakes?! - Page 2 - Volkswagen Atlas Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 10:42 AM

Get the Warranty Extended

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmurphy73 View Post
I bought my Atlas SEL premium late in the day on May 24th and I had it 3 weeks when I was called on June 15th due to the recall. They towed it on a flatbed truck that same day and got me into a rental car that day as well. They have been very good so far about making sure I'm in a comparable rental car as far as features. Finding an SUV rental has been a problem though. But so far I've been very happy with that aspect of this ordeal but it's been an ordeal because I've been switched around in Rental Vehicles just trying to get one that's something I wish to drive that's comparable or at least as nice. I'm on my second one already and will be switching to the third tomorrow. What I am not happy about is the fact that they have no idea when it will be done and last I heard they said it could be the third quarter which means at least September before it is fixed. In my opinion, I think the 6-year warranty should be extended by however long they have it. We typically don't put a lot of miles on our cars so I know we'll be under the mileage on the bumper to bumper warranty but this is going to put a lot of time out of having the car to use the warranty if anything comes up once it's repaired and returned to us. One of the reasons I also bought the car besides liking it was for the fact that it had a six-year/72000 mile bumper to bumper warranty so I want to get every bit of my 6 years of warranty. How does everybody else feel about that? Has anybody asked about that? I plan to ask but I just have not been able to yet. It's just really frustrating because I haven't even made my first payment yet and I don't have the car to even drive and enjoy. This is the first time I've ever bought a brand new car as I've always bought used before and it's putting a sour taste in my mouth. Several of my friends have said you ought to just tell him to keep it and give you your money back but I do really love the car and I really don't want to do that.
Very interesting, I would think if you cant drive it for 2 + months they would extend the time on the warranty.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 11:56 PM

Just took delivery on our SEL Prem. this past weekend after waiting over a month for it to ship from TN. I just put the VIN # in the NHTSA website and no recalls came up, although if this is a recent recall the info. may not be in the system yet. The dealer didn't mention anything when we picked it up, although it was delayed over a month in shipping from TN.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 11:57 PM

Just took delivery on our SEL Prem. this past weekend after waiting over a month for it to ship from TN. I just put the VIN # in the NHTSA website and no recalls came up, although if this is a recent recall the info. may not be in the system yet. The dealer didn't mention anything when we picked it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 04:25 PM

The different stories of brake issues has me a little concerned. I am leasing a 2018 SEL Premium edition with black rims. I searched for this car and after several dealerships, found what I was looking for. The only issue I have had of yet is due to the collision monitoring. It goes off if you are going down a hill such as a driveway, which has caused my car to stop dead in the middle of the road. As with what some have mentioned with regards to the brake issues, the dealership says they do not know of any other cars having this issue and could not find anything wrong with my car. I have since found multiple people on this site with the same issue. I have sent a complaint to the NHTSA.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page