Creaking noise when opening/closing doors - Volkswagen Atlas Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Creaking noise when opening/closing doors

Good afternoon,

I am writing this in frustration after picking up our 2018 VW Atlas from the dealership that is still having the same issue that the dealer can never seem to replicate. There is an intermittent creaking/squeaking sound that occurs while driving and when closing the doors hard enough to make the vehicle shift a bit. It comes from beneath the vehicle and is metallic sounding to me. It just frustrates me that every time I bring it in, its not happening and after leaving it with them for a week, it happens the moment I park in my drive way. This will be the fourth or fifth time I have tried to get this identified with no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with their Atlas? We had the issue with the struts rattling/clunking and finally got them to repair it after making a video and emailing them the service bulletin, but this is something different. We have had it since buying the vehicle a year ago and am getting to the point where I want to get rid of the vehicle as these oddball problems are just making me nuts and wasting my time trying to get it resolved. My wife likes the vehicle, but I have not had these types of issues with a brand new car before with less than 10,000 miles (Scion xB, Nissan Rogue and a Nissan Titan were my previous vehicles that did not have anything like this beyond the Titan having the exhaust manifold issue at 40,000 miles).

I would appreciate any input and hopefully someone else having experienced this issue before to be able to get it isolated and the dealership able to fix it by pointing them in the right direction (again).
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Today, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Anyone have any experiences with the whole vehicle "creaking" when opening/closing the doors when temps warm up? I can even create it by pushing on the vehicle after it warms up and I have been driving for awhile. Since no one commented, I figure this is a unique issue to my Atlas?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page