Inconsistent Acceleration - Page 2 - Volkswagen Atlas Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

So I continue to hear the sound when I start my Atlas. It's definitely an alarm of some kind. High pitched siren sounding. Goes off probably 25% of the time. It lasts about 5-10 seconds but there are no warnings lights so I have no idea what it is.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck28 View Post
So I continue to hear the sound when I start my Atlas. It's definitely an alarm of some kind. High pitched siren sounding. Goes off probably 25% of the time. It lasts about 5-10 seconds but there are no warnings lights so I have no idea what it is.
record it and let the dealer hear it. And if you can reproduce it at the dealer it would be even better. I never hear/heard any sound when I unlock my Atlas and if I did I would for sure head over to the dealer.
miskolci likes this.

2018 Atlas SEL Premium - Deep Black Pearl with with Titan Black Leather - Sep 2018 Build
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Well, I was going to bring it to the dealer but I couldn't reproduce the alarm and it hasn't happened since. With the acceleration issue, this seems to be the over aggressive throttle tip in that some reviews have mentioned with the Atlas. I guess I just need to get used to it.
hfqkhal likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 07:12 PM

sometimes dealers are willing to hold onto a vehicle for a few days so they can replicate the issue, however sometimes that depends on your relationship with them
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 02:58 PM

Our Atlas DOES have this same inconsistent acceleration - both my wife and I notice this every time we drive it. You try ever so carefully to push the gas pedal down because you do not know how the vehicle will react - most of the time it will throw your head back at the touch of the pedal - terrible when hauling something you don't want to spill or slide around. The other day while going thru a roundabout I was trying to accelerate on the exit and I had the pedal pushed at least 1/4 of the way down then it finally (but slowly) ramped up. While passing it sometimes downshifts too many gears and will wind out for about 5 seconds at 5,000 RPM with my foot completely off the gas before it will upshift. VERY difficult to drive in city traffic or when parking. It has 3,000 miles and is in the shop for the 2nd time - has not has AC since we bought it - found out on a road trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama - made for a miserable trip. Had them look at AC and the throttle/transmission last week as well - was told they could not replicate the acceleration issue. So nothing was resolved. Contacted VW directly in hopes of a buyback - this has been a horrible experience since we bought it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page