Atlas ACC issue - Page 3 - Volkswagen Atlas Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 11:21 AM

Problems with ACC continue. Follow up from Aug 2018 post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexcano View Post
Well I wish I had read all of this prior to purchase. We were excited to take our 2019 home. It had 3 miles and on our way home we noticed a little orange icon with an ! symbol. Drove the car 5 days around town, to work, maybe 200 miles.

Roadtrip time - get on the road and cruise control won't engage. You turn it on, the little orange icon comes on. Now I know what it is! Then when we press "Set" we get a message, "ACC UNAVAILABLE" then we move from screen to screen and see "ACC De-activated" so we call dealer. They said they had never heard of any issues and we should be able to "activate" by going to settings. No option there.

Very, Very frustrated with this technology and atlas. I road trip at least once a month, its very frustrating to drive 400-600 miles at a time with no cruise control!

I guess it needs to go back to the dealer. I pray they can fix it.
Well, I wish I had better news for you Mexcano. Since I first posted about this problem back in Aug of 2018, I have not been able to fix the problem with my Altas's ACC.

My VW service department has attempted to fix the problem several times. I've had the vehicle in the for service four times since August of 2018. It's now February or 2019. My Atlas now has 3000 and the ACC has never worked. Well, at least not for very long.

The first time they "fixed it", it worked for one trip. Three miles home from the VW dealer/service, then it stopped working. They "fixed it" a second time and it worked for about one week. I now have another appointment scheduled for next week to take that Atlas back in for service. All told, my brand new Atlas with the ACC that has never worked, has been in for service four times and for over 30 days total.

I have written letters and have been in contact with VW, North America, corporate office in MI. The regional, service tech for VW, North America, East, and the service manager for my local dealer. Everyone is trying to fix this issue for me. They are simply just not able to fix it.

I'm not considering seeking retribution via the New York, New Car Lemon Law. Given the repair history attempts, I have met the requirements of the law. However, it does require one to bring legal suit against the manufacturer and apply to the court for relief under the law. I expect this will take a considerable amount of time and energy, which I'm not looking forward to.

The shame of it is, other than the ACC issue, I really like the Atlas. I love the interior and exterior design. It's more fun to drive than the Ford Explorer I had prior to this. I'm hoping next week's scheduled trip to the service department will be my last but I'm not counting on it.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexcano View Post
Well I wish I had read all of this prior to purchase. We were excited to take our 2019 home. It had 3 miles and on our way home we noticed a little orange icon with an ! symbol. Drove the car 5 days around town, to work, maybe 200 miles.

Roadtrip time - get on the road and cruise control won't engage. You turn it on, the little orange icon comes on. Now I know what it is! Then when we press "Set" we get a message, "ACC UNAVAILABLE" then we move from screen to screen and see "ACC De-activated" so we call dealer. They said they had never heard of any issues and we should be able to "activate" by going to settings. No option there.

Very, Very frustrated with this technology and atlas. I road trip at least once a month, its very frustrating to drive 400-600 miles at a time with no cruise control!

I guess it needs to go back to the dealer. I pray they can fix it.
My bet is they will look at the fault and they will clear it and you will be on your way.

2018 Atlas SEL Premium - Deep Black Pearl with with Titan Black Leather - Sep 2018 Build
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:20 PM

Well update, multiple visits and finally determined the camera in the front came broken.

From reading here, my assumption us that its a cheap product since alot of people have similar issues.

The kicker? Dealer ordered the parts march 4th. As of today, vw said it will be “at the earliest may 28” before parts can arrive. Seriously? 5 months with no cruise control because your camera came broken on a new atlas and you can’t replace it?