noise from front left underneath - Volkswagen Atlas Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Simeon
  • 1 Post By northstar

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Question noise from front left underneath

I keep hearing a noise (as if something is loose) from the front left side (underneath) of my Atlas. More noisy while moving over humps. I also hear a screeching noise while driving over humps and I guess that's from the shock absorber. What could be the reason? I'm yet to visit the dealer.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 08:42 AM

Don't know for certain if this is your problem, but others have found there to be issues with the front struts. Upon taking their vehicle back to the dealer, they found a defective assembly and had it replaced. Most found the noise to disappear after this repair, so I would schedule a time to have it looked at. You can have a look at similar reports of this issue from other threads. https://www.vwatlasforum.com/forum/1...t-problem.html https://www.vwatlasforum.com/forum/1...le-noises.html
amalanrajan likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 02:41 PM

Common issue but fortunately it seems owner experiencing it are not having problems getting it resolved at their local dealer.
Still unfortunate because we're likely to see a drop in resale value.
amalanrajan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 08:31 AM

Any update on this and whether or not your dealer was able to identify the problem? Seems like the suspension in the Atlas is a weak point, probably due to the fact that many of its components have been outsourced to other companies.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page