Ignition Shut-Off When in Park - Volkswagen Atlas Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Ignition Shut-Off When in Park

Hi everyone! I just purchased a 2018 Atlas SE Tech. Has anyone experienced putting their Atlas in park and then receive the message turning off ignition to save battery? I have received this a few times and I don't know if I can exit my vehicle without worrying about it restarting or do I turn the ignition back on and then off?

I love my Atlas, but am still getting accustomed to all the bells and whistles.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Farris View Post
Hi everyone! I just purchased a 2018 Atlas SE Tech. Has anyone experienced putting their Atlas in park and then receive the message turning off ignition to save battery? I have received this a few times and I don't know if I can exit my vehicle without worrying about it restarting or do I turn the ignition back on and then off?

I love my Atlas, but am still getting accustomed to all the bells and whistles.
Yup I got that too. It is part of the gas saving thing it has. just have to learn how to avoid that. It has been 7 months from and I do still experience that once in a while. In fact it happened to me tonight. To be sure press on the gas and no response when i park then you are sure that it is in the off position.

2018 Atlas SEL Premium - Deep Black Pearl with with Titan Black Leather - Sep 2018 Build
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 07:12 AM

I hate all these nannies that automakers put on cars these days to "save gas"

It almost seems like a way to justify certain marketing material and to look good on paper than as a real solution for owners. Especially over the long term.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:11 AM

Just turn off the auto stop/start when you want to get out and leave it running.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page